Turn on thread page Beta

How often do you think about your crush? help needed watch

Bit of background- im a girl in a mixed group of friends. Myself and one of the boys in the group have had a bit of history, sleeping with each other and seeing each other on and off for about 18 months. But over the last 6 months my feelings have intensified to a ridiculous amount. He is the ONLY thing on my mind for much of the day, and I can't go for 3 minutes without thinking about him
    The reason we don't go out is because we're in unis 4/5 hours apart and it wouldn't work, also we argue a hell of a lot, and we're both just trying to enjoy uni at the moment without being tied down in a relationship.
    To make things worse he's seeing someone else (as well as me... :rolleyes:) and this makes me want him more. We normally speak on the phone every day, and a week ago he was a HUGE idiot about something so I got very annoyed with him and had a go. He didn't take it very well and even after me texting him with countless apologies he still hasn't made any contact.
    Every day for me now is like a struggle I have the girl he is seeing as my friend on facebook and I check out their profiles about 3 times a day. If they got together I have absolutely no idea what i'd do, i'd feel like life wasn't worth living and that i'd never find anyone like him again. And as we're in such a tight knit group of friends I think my heart would break whenever I saw him when we all met up.

This all sounds very melodramatic but I need some kind of advise/guidance off someone... anyone! Telling him how strongly I feel isn't really an option because i'm so scared of rejection from him I'm scared of what i'd do if he turned me away. I'm constantly kicking myself because this time last year it was the other way around and he was the one obsessing over me, I want to rewind a year

Anon cos I might sound a little stalkerish! I am similar to you and I find generally when I have crushes, I get it really, really badly. Like I just get massive crazes for people. And when these have turned into relationships (I think twice, long-term) it actually settles down into just mature loving relationship, but if it doesn't it's hellish because they're all I think about and it gets out of control.

All this isn't really helpful. The guy I'm currently daydreaming about all the time is in every single one of my lectures, so I couldn't forget if I wanted to. With you, I'd say force yourself to not call him or see him (you're four hours away, it's not like you are going to be bumping into one another). Delete the girl he is seeing on Facebook and probably him as well. And tell him what you're planning.

You definitely needn't be the one to continually apologise if he was the one in the wrong last week. I know how it is - when you're in love with someone and they aren't so much with you, the power balance is really messed up and you end up willing to do ANYTHING to still have them in your life. But maybe take this as a sign that stuff needs to change and you'll feel a heck of a lot better for it. Good luck.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.