Turn on thread page Beta

Craving a cigarette yet never smoked before! watch

Announcements

I don't even hang around with smokers. My mum used to smoke but she quit a good 5 years ago. I've never felt a craving before. I'm really stressed at the moment and for some reason I just really really want a cigarette!!

Is this normal? It's not even like I'm addicted or anything! It might subconsciously be me thinking it'll destress me... but it's just the weirdest thing!

I got the feeling yesterday and thought it was weird but it'd just pass but all day I've just been thinking about it. I see a few people smoking outside of school every day and only recently just really wanted one. I don't even know if I'd like it if I tried it, but I feel I would!

It's distracting me from my work now. Please help? I don't quite know how... but still :p:

ReputationRep:
    So just try one and see. The first one always tastes nasty anyway.

Slightly off topic, but I've always wondered if you could get much of a buzz off of nicotine patches...?

ReputationRep:
    Most non-smokers if they have a cigarette (especially a full-strength one) feel dizzy and nauseous from the strength of the nicotine rush. Seasoned smokers don't get ANY nicotine rush, they only notice the effects when they're not getting their nicotine. I imagine a nicotine patch on a non-smoker would be a bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    just try one. im not suggesting u should start smoking, coz its bad for u as im sure u know. but if ur craving it so much and its really bothering u then just buy a pack of cigs and try it, it wont hurt anything. most likely u wont even like it, but at least it will put ur mind at rest.

Hi Alex, we all know you smoke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi Alex, we all know you smoke
    i lol'd :yep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.