Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what do you think of Slendertone Flex Abs Belt Watch

ReputationRep:
    i go to the gym most days a week but just wondering if these belts actualy work along with going to the gym

any advice helpful

ReputationRep:
    Cheap tat for lazy ***** who don´t know any better.

ReputationRep:
    I use one, and it works and is relaxing. :p:

I'm overweight, but notice the difference with it. Though, of course, I think going to the gym is far more useful in the long-run. If you attend the gym regularly I doubt it'd do much better for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)

I'm overweight, but notice the difference with it. Though, of course, I think going to the gym is far more useful in the long-run. If you attend the gym regularly I doubt it'd do much better for you.
    yer i go to the gym regularly but dont work too much on abs, and thought maybe this would just give them the boost

no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cruciancarp1)
    yer i go to the gym regularly but dont work too much on abs, and thought maybe this would just give them the boost
    Meh, I'm not fitness expert (far from it - I'm extremely lazy), but I use the belt and my abs are firm, if not too visible. :p:

My theory is that the belt is better than nothing, and is better than sitting at home WITHOUT the belt on, so why not?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You won't notice anything without the necessary cardio as well, if you have a bit of fat on you.

Much like those stupid vibration plates they have at the gym, it will not burn any fat at all and, if you ask me, are a complete waste of money. If they were 100% certain to work then why don't everyone who has a bit of cash lying around walk around the perfect abs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    You won't notice anything without the necessary cardio as well, if you have a bit of fat on you.

Much like those stupid vibration plates they have at the gym, it will not burn any fat at all and, if you ask me, are a complete waste of money. If they were 100% certain to work then why don't everyone who has a bit of cash lying around walk around the perfect abs.
    fair point. you see im in the process of bulking atm but dont want it to all lye on my stomach so i just thought maybe this would help

ReputationRep:
    Don't put much stress on your abs if you've only just started... Might aswell do weights at home :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    fair point. you see im in the process of bulking atm but dont want it to all lye on my stomach so i just thought maybe this would help
    Fat doesn't tend to lie completely on the stomach, it spreads itself out over the body, hense why it isn't possible to concentrate fat burning on one area of the body.

Depending on the routine you are doing along side the bulking process you should be working your abs anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    Fat doesn't tend to lie completely on the stomach, it spreads itself out over the body, hense why it isn't possible to concentrate fat burning on one area of the body.

Depending on the routine you are doing along side the bulking process you should be working your abs anyway.
    yer i work on my abs once or twice a week.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    yer i work on my abs once or twice a week.
    Are you doing any specific routine at the moment? You doing any dead lifts etc? Or just a standard routine with an excessive calorie intake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    Are you doing any specific routine at the moment? You doing any dead lifts etc? Or just a standard routine with an excessive calorie intake?
    yer got a good routine all set up been doing it for the last 4 weeks. train a body muscle group each day. dead lifts, squats, i do everythin i can

ReputationRep:
    What lazy idealistic fat people buy.
    Doesn't work.

ReputationRep:
    Fools.

ReputationRep:
    I use one, and it works and is relaxing.
    I call bull poo
    It works does it, and its relaxing huh - its not ******* working then!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    They are amazing, I strongly suggest you buying one!

No amount of squats or deadlifts could give me an 8 pack like slendertone has!

ReputationRep:

Both myself and the other regulars knowing the way I am, I feel like I should mercilessly berate you and your existence for even thinking to promote such tomfoolery. But I wont as my assignments have the better of me.

OP ignore every piece of advice this self-confessed clueless novice has given you. Slendertone are scam artists pushing ******** onto the lazy and naive. Work on your core and keep your bodyfat low to ensure your abs are visible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    Both myself and the other regulars knowing the way I am, I feel like I should mercilessly berate you and your existence for even thinking to promote such tomfoolery. But I wont as my assignments have the better of me.

OP ignore every piece of advice this self-confessed clueless novice has given you. Slendertone are scam artists pushing ******** onto the lazy and naive. Work on your core and keep your bodyfat low to ensure your abs are visible.
    yer but how do i keep body fat low, by just cutting out carbs etc or wil me working out my abs more burn of more fat

ReputationRep:
    I saw an advert for them yesterday and the voice over said something along the lines of:

"20 mins of Slendertone is the equivalent of 120 crunches"

20 minutes? It would only take you 5 minutes to actually DO the bloody crunches

Squats and deads will strengthen your core. Throw in a few cable crunches and high pulley wood chops and you'll have abs like a washboard. Only you probably won't see them if your bodyfat's over 10%.

Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym :woo:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.