Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have recieved an email from my tutor saying he wants to chat with me because he's worried about the amount of classes I have been missing...

The thing is, he is well aware of why I have been absent and the reasons are kind of non-avoidable...

In addition to this, my attendance isn't actually TOO bad; around 80% (obviously nowhere near good enough though).

I always catch up, having never been behind and get straight As in all my classes so it's not as if my grades have been dropping.

I am not looking for sympathy, but would appreciate any advice as to how to approach this meeting with him.

ReputationRep:
    If you have decent, non-avoidable reasons for missing them then I wouldn't worry, especially if he already knows. He's probably more worried if you're catching up effectively enough for your exams.

ReputationRep:
    This probably will not be as bad as you think. He is perhaps wanting to talk to you to see if there is any way in which he can help and for an update on your circumstances, especially as you are a good student. I hope it goes well.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.