Gaining weight and meal size Watch

vn2009
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hello

I was wondering:

1. To gain weight, should I eat lots of small meals that keep me very full? Or should I have big meals but less often?

2. Also, if i want to gain weight, should I eat anytime i feel hungry? (i.e. never having an empty stomach)

Confused about this :confused: so any help is appreciated
Rucklo
Badges: 13
Report 8 years ago
1. Medium size, 6 times a day

2. Yes

I just had a Big Mac, 2 triple cheeseburgers and big fries. Get to Maccies and beat me.
NoneGuy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

2. Yes

I suggest you have a lot of your calories from protein and slow-release carbs (wholewheat etc.) and work out with a schedule of 3-4 days per weak, with big weight low reps.
vn2009
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rucklo)

2. Yes

I just had a Big Mac, 2 triple cheeseburgers and big fries. Get to Maccies and beat me.
Cheers.

I get hungry sometimes before I go to bed, so I have a bowl of oats and muesli. Would that be a good source of protein to have before bed? (about 2 hours before I sleep)

Thanks
Connor.
Report 8 years ago
Over the last four/five months i've been doing a lot of wieght gaining (i always hated being very skinny) and i've been having four big meals a day (with snacking in between), but 6 medium meals is probably just as good. It's different for different people.

You just need to ensure that you are significantly increasing your food (and more importantly calorie) intake.
vn2009
Rep:
?
(Original post by NoneGuy)

2. Yes

I suggest you have a lot of your calories from protein and slow-release carbs (wholewheat etc.) and work out with a schedule of 3-4 days per weak, with big weight low reps.
I have been eat more lentils and beans (to increase my protein intake). For example, i would have a can of berlotti beans, about 12-16g of protein per can. Beans are a good source of protein right?

im vegetarian by the way (in case you mention meat) lol
NoneGuy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by vn2009)
I have been eat more lentils and beans (to increase my protein intake). For example, i would have a can of berlotti beans, about 12-16g of protein per can. Beans are a good source of protein right?

im vegetarian by the way (in case you mention meat) lol
Regardless of whatever you just said, you should try steak because that has a lot of protein in.

Also, if it suits your chosen lifestyle, have a look at some protein shakes from MyProtein.com but if you decide to take these I recommend you ask someone on here which one(s) to get as I do not know myself.
ch0c0h01ic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hello

I was wondering:

1. To gain weight, should I eat lots of small meals that keep me very full? Or should I have big meals but less often?

2. Also, if i want to gain weight, should I eat anytime i feel hungry? (i.e. never having an empty stomach)

Confused about this :confused: so any help is appreciated
Eat enough, of the right stuff and hit the weights and you will grow irrespective of meal size and/or frequency.

Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be - just get out there and do what is needed.
Rucklo
Report 8 years ago
Cheers.

I get hungry sometimes before I go to bed, so I have a bowl of oats and muesli. Would that be a good source of protein to have before bed? (about 2 hours before I sleep)

Thanks
Yeah that's fine.

I eat 30 mins before I sleep, its all rubbish about you store it as fat.
vn2009
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rucklo)
Yeah that's fine.

I eat 30 mins before I sleep, its all rubbish about you store it as fat.
Really :confused: Cos everyone keeps saying eat at least 2-3 hours before you go bed, otherwise you put on fat
Rucklo
Report 8 years ago
Really :confused: Cos everyone keeps saying eat at least 2-3 hours before you go bed, otherwise you put on fat
Lol its a load of crap, eat whenever.
SMed
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

2. Yes

That's sounding like a low-fat diet. wtf? What kinda metrosexual bullsh** is that?
NoneGuy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SMed)
That's sounding like a low-fat diet. wtf? What kinda metrosexual bullsh** is that?
Yes, do eat fat, but fat is not a huge part of your calorie intake. You get most from carb && protein.
SMed
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes, do eat fat, but fat is not a huge part of your calorie intake. You get most from carb && protein.
Who says? And why not?
NoneGuy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SMed)
Who says? And why not?
Unless you are very particular about your fats, you'll eventually have a heart attack. DO NOT WANT especially when you train at the gym.
SMed
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Unless you are very particular about your fats, you'll eventually have a heart attack. DO NOT WANT especially when you train at the gym.
Why wouldn't a person be 'particular' with their fats? You're suggesting they be particular in carbs, particular in protein, and particular in not having fats; why not carry on with the logical idea that one would be 'particular' in their fats?

And I don't think you've really got a grasp on what heart disease is and why people get heart attacks; best to keep your opinion to yourself.
NoneGuy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SMed)
Why wouldn't a person be 'particular' with their fats? You're suggesting they be particular in carbs, particular in protein, and particular in not having fats; why not carry on with the logical idea that one would be 'particular' in their fats?

And I don't think you've really got a grasp on what heart disease is and why people get heart attacks; best to keep your opinion to yourself.
Brap.
SMed
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Super.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (130)
18.6%
No (422)
60.37%
Not really bothered about them (147)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise