Turn on thread page Beta

What does your facebook profile picture say about you? watch

ReputationRep:
    I only ask because I always (pretty much) have one of myself, where I think I look my nicest, my friend says she avoids doing this because it comes across as vain. What does everyone think and how would you describe your own profile pic and the impression it creates.

ReputationRep:
    That I have been drunk with a pipe on the Jubilee line?

ReputationRep:
    That I laugh a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Mine is a photo of me and my best friend at our joint girls and boys colleges' Christmas Ball looking lovely and dolled up... with glasses of wine in hand hah.

ReputationRep:
    It shows the football team I support, being me at their ground, and in their shirt.

The team: Hartlepool United!

ReputationRep:
    I appear a little vain in my one too (although whether it's justified is a different subject). A little narcissism is healthy though.

What's up with your friend anyway? Would she really not be happy until you looked like Mrs Doyle from Father ted in your pic? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know - I've had pictures where I think I look nicer, and pictures where I'm doing something completely crazy!

ReputationRep:
    I hate trying to choose photos where I look pretty, because I know I never do. So what it says about me is that I love having my photo took with drag queens. Don't think most people even properly notice I'm in it tbh which is good. I'm uploading all my photographs in a bit though, and then my new picture will say that I love pylons, which I really really do

ReputationRep:
    It tells you what people want to look like. And most people who aren't perfect put profile pictures where they look nothing like themselves.

It tells you more about insecurities - that they want to appear to be friendly, cuter, sexier, sportier than they actually are.

ReputationRep:
    that i am currently suffering from a ***** of a bad wave of acne so you'll only find me looking at certain angles or in low lit places - to stop long-distance people, who would view fb photos, 'going off' me..

ReputationRep:
    Mine say's im vain.
    Hell yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is nearly always of me, which probably says im vain, which in turn is probably an accurate representation of my character. Cant stand when people don't have pictures of themselves its called FACEbook ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Well... I'm posing in mine with a super hero...

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I don't use facebook. So having no pic makes me cooler than you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    I don't use facebook. So having no pic makes me cooler than you

Ooorrr hideous

ReputationRep:
    My pic?

That i'm in a happy relationship.

Huzzah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watch Out For Sharks)
    Ooorrr hideous
    Oh right you're still mad at me because my chest is > yours.

Don't worry, you can get breast enlargement.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right you're still mad at me because my chest is > yours.

Don't worry, you can get breast enlargement.
    Dont MAKE me send you nudey pics again boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watch Out For Sharks)
    Dont MAKE me send you nudey pics again boy.
    Anything you send will get returned with interest.

ReputationRep:
    Anything you send will get returned with interest.

Dont think i can cope with the sexiness.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.