Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am intrested to know how many people drop out of Cambridge in the first year ?

ReputationRep:
    a few

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how many drop out in the first year, but i think, statistically, oxbridge collectively have one of the lowest overall drop-out rates in the country... (don't shoot me for not quoting the stats, can't remember where they were, but i'm sure you can look them up if you're bothered...)

ReputationRep:
    This is 03/04 but it will give you an idea of the differences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0-))
    This is 03/04 but it will give you an idea of the differences.
    Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College 78.9%

bloody hell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)

bloody hell!
    I think that might be a mistake to be honest... maybe that's 100-the drop out rate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    I think that might be a mistake to be honest... maybe that's 100-the drop out rate?
    In that case, the UHI Millenium Institute (47%) has little luck either way.

ReputationRep:
    Very low drop out rate and Cambridge at least seems to encourage 'degrading' (repeating the year) if you're having emotional/health issues.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, most people degrade. And a very small number are kicked out for not working hard enough, or choose to leave from the pressure. In three years here I know of only two acquaintances who left rather than degrading. That's not necessarily a reliable indicator, but I'm sure if there were more I'd have heard stories about friends of friends and so on. Its presumably very rare.

ReputationRep:
    People work so hard to get here, and it's such an achievement to be studying here, that people who aren't enjoying it tend to endure the three years anyway. It's an opportunity many feel they need to get through, even if they are unhappy.

What I'm trying to say is that the low drop-out rate isn't entirely indicative of students here being "happier" than at other universities.

ReputationRep:
    very very few

ReputationRep:
    generally one. usually from education and english at homerton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Is that really fair?
    i've preserved anonymity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)

bloody hell!
    holy **** :eek3:

Possibly a mistake? Decimal point shifted?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.