Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am applying for a part time job in Sainburys whilst I am at uni and have an interview on Weds.
    It says I am contracted to do 16 hours per week and it does luckily fit around my studies. However I would have to work every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

It says Week 1 : Mon, Fri Sat Sun.
    But underneath it says Week 2 and is blank.
    Does Sainsburys operate on a two week rota? Would that mean I work these days 1 week and then not work at all another week?
    If it says contracted for 16 hours EVERY week... surely I would have to do just that?

I have never worked somewhere on a two week rota and didn't think Sainsburys did it? Can anyone who has or does work there fill me in please?

They do sometimes do 2 week rotas which is why it shows online. If only week 1 is filled in though then you will do those hours every week it doesn't mean you would only work every other week.

Yeah I work there. The reason both weeks are there is because some people have different hours every other week. As week 2 is blank, this means that you will work the same hours every week. I know it's stupid, they should either fill in the week 2 or take it away. It confused me aswell.

I think the two week rotas are more applicable to supervisor/management roles.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.