Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok here is the deal

I came back home from work. All of sudden my dad asked me what's happening with my application for student load.

I tell him that i'm stuck with 'homeoffice reference number' because i couldn't find it and told him i'm going to try to contac the home office to find that out.

all of sudden he starts going totally ballistic and shouting and yelling and hitting me I get told that "if you think i'm useless as a father i'll ****ing leave!!!"

my mom starts to cry and all this crap.

this isn't the first time this stuff happens in my family. I just want to die sometimes.

umm... at least you'll be off to university in September
    Cheer up!

ReputationRep:
    vutterman is in the gutter man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    umm... at least you'll be off to university in September
    Cheer up!
    :lol: like your sig, i know a couple of people that wear their jeans that low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vutterman)

this isn't the first time this stuff happens in my family. I just want to die sometimes.
    hang in there bro. This is just a rough patch, probably end of january blues and short days getting the better of everyone.

ReputationRep:
    but it's not even funny. he thinks we live in a world of 1960s somewhere in japan where you commit suicide if you dishonour your family.

I even ******* thought about setting the house of fire whilre they are asleep so i don't have to listen to my sister arguing with my dad every night.

ReputationRep:
    cheer up buttercup thats what i used to get told... although im positive that won't effect you in anyway. Look on the brightside...Life could be worse? If that doesn't work then hit back!

ReputationRep:
    i have been doing that but after 20 years, i really am sick of him. i don't think it's going to be any where near 'quite' in my house until I leave. or even after i leave

ReputationRep:
    I even ******* thought about setting the house of fire whilre they are asleep so i don't have to listen to my sister arguing with my dad every night.
    Some parents can get like this and I know its difficult, but you should be on your way to uni this sept.

Setting the house on fire is a tad extreme... i'd try and talk to them to find out what the source of conflict is between you before reaching for the petrol can.

ReputationRep:
    Well once you get to uni you will escape atleast some of it thats my plan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiller)
    Some parents can get like this and I know its difficult, but you should be on your way to uni this sept.

Setting the house on fire is a tad extreme... i'd try and talk to them to find out what the source of conflict is between you before reaching for the petrol can.
    oh believe me, last time i tried to interrupt that crap, he start beating me with the iron pipe i used to get hit with when I do something stupid. I think he's a bit of bipolar.

ReputationRep:
    He probably is... don't do anything stupid just make something of yourself and throw it back in his face years to come. try not to get to down... althought easier said than done i know

ReputationRep:
    oh believe me, last time i tried to interrupt that crap, he start beating me with the iron pipe i used to get hit with when I do something stupid. I think he's a bit of bipolar.
    he sounds like he has some issues that he needs to get sorted out, but for now get yourself out the way and keep a low profile. Take a few deep breaths and just try to calm down. Remember you'll be out of there soon mate.

ReputationRep:
    wouldn't be a H&R thread without someone saying 'troll'

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for your mum. At least you get to leave for uni soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    I feel sorry for your mum. At least you get to leave for uni soon.
    i feel that way too. It was great to put a smile on her face when i got my offer for medskl but what i really want is to be able to earn a lot of money so i can support my mom all by myself.

ReputationRep:
    boohoo.
    Violins:nopity:

ReputationRep:
    Awww bless ya honey I dont really know what to say apart from hang in there and that everything will be ok.

Talk to your mum in private if you can and see what she says :/ xx

(Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    :lol: like your sig, i know a couple of people that wear their jeans that low
    Haha, me too and tbf it's ridiculous :| I don't even know how they manage to walk in them

ReputationRep:
    i feel that way too. It was great to put a smile on her face when i got my offer for medskl but what i really want is to be able to earn a lot of money so i can support my mom all by myself.
    Awww you sound so sweet. Good luck with everything

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.