University of London + QMUL - Ruin the Experience? Watch

davidorient
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
To al those at QM at the moment, does staying in UoL halls rather than at the Uni itself mean that I'll miss out on a lot of QM social stuff?? Does it change the experience completely? BTW not asking because I'm snooty about the area, which for some reason people go on about being horrible when it's NOT FFS!

Cheers
Mr. Mortell
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I know people who have stayed in UoL halls and they tend to stick with their flatmates from there. That said, it is not that hard to get from QM to central [where the UoL halls are] at any time of night. If you want to come to Drapers. You've just got to be prepared for a bit of a bus ride back. You can still get involved with the all the societies and stuff. I say go for it if you want to!
derf1
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by davidorient)
To al those at QM at the moment, does staying in UoL halls rather than at the Uni itself mean that I'll miss out on a lot of QM social stuff?? Does it change the experience completely? BTW not asking because I'm snooty about the area, which for some reason people go on about being horrible when it's NOT FFS!

Cheers
I've got a mate staying at those halls but is not studying at QML, hes at King's. Still, he's made loads of friends from different universities as well as his own one and has met all sorts of people so I don't think it would be a bad experience, if would be difference but just as good, maybe better. The only thing thats put me off is that its catered isnt it?
davidorient
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Thanks a lot that's v helpful. Yeah it is catered which is a bummer but I'll bring my own microwave and keep it in a draw...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1100)
79.14%
Leave (290)
20.86%

Watched Threads