Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody!

I've got two offers for my summer internship: Lazard - New York and Rothschild - London

do not know what to choose!

ReputationRep:
    I feel for you.

ReputationRep:
    New York baby!

ReputationRep:
    I heard JPM is better in fixed income

ReputationRep:
    Lazard anyday

ReputationRep:
    without a doubt. Lazard. Even better its NY.

ReputationRep:
    The situation has changed: Ive got an offer from Morgan Stanley but in Madrid....

ReputationRep:
    MS then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy87)
    MS then
    WHAT?!!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthecoast)
    WHAT?!!?
    Between Lazard, Rothschild and Morgan Stanley of course Morgan Stanley offers the best career prospects. I mean they were number 1 in global M&A in 2009. Plus MS in Spain has good deal flow, if you dont like it, you can always relocate a year down the road. Unfortunately, we are living in a world where the BRAND matters much more than anything. It is what it is and you gotta play this-always go for the brand name (GS-MS-JPM-The rest). Its like admission to Uni. Why do people apply to Oxbridge-LSE-Warwick-UCL - BRAND and nothing more (particularly those who want to IB). I can bet you that teaching quality/student experience at Bristol/Durham is as good as LSE/UCL, etc, but still people would choose LSE,etc. Brand Matters my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthecoast)
    WHAT?!!?
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Lazard NY > Rothschild London >>> MS Spain

(Original post by andy87)
    Between Lazard, Rothschild and Morgan Stanley of course Morgan Stanley offers the best career prospects. I mean they were number 1 in global M&A in 2009. Plus MS in Spain has good deal flow, if you dont like it, you can always relocate a year down the road. Unfortunately, we are living in a world where the BRAND matters much more than anything. It is what it is and you gotta play this-always go for the brand name (GS-MS-JPM-The rest). Its like admission to Uni. Why do people apply to Oxbridge-LSE-Warwick-UCL - BRAND and nothing more (particularly those who want to IB). I can bet you that teaching quality/student experience at Bristol/Durham is as good as LSE/UCL, etc, but still people would choose LSE,etc. Brand Matters my friend.
    If I was interested in M&A, the only offers I'd reject Lazard NY for would be GS TMT NY and MS M&A NY. Lazard NY would still be a better choice than any of the other IBD groups at MS and GS NY in my opinion. MS Madrid shouldn't even come into this equation at all unless OP has an interest in working in Spain full time.

Lazard NY is known to have a horrible sweat shop culture though but the exit opps from there are spectacular.

ReputationRep:
    It would be interesting to know the conversion rate.....

ReputationRep:
    LAZARD over Rothschild any day of the week........

ReputationRep:
    Depends on where you want to work, NYC or London.

ReputationRep:
    Of your choices, I think Lazard would be a no brainer. Its extremely strong and prestigious in NY. Rothschild is primarily strong in Europe. And if you plan to stay and build a career in Europe, Rothschild may need strong consideration. MS? They primarily top league tables because they are much bigger than the former two. This is essentially a luxury problem - you can go wrong with none.

ReputationRep:
    Lazard in New York?! This would not be a difficult decision for me if I was an M&A man.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, has anyone completed the Lazard online application? if so, what sort of information sources did you state for the competency question

"Please describe a time when you had to analyse a range of information sources in order to draw a conclusion".

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I would personally discuss researching a load of info on a company, deciding whether to invest.

ReputationRep:
    I want to draw my **** to a conclusion so I researched TSR member pictures

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.