Turn on thread page Beta

feeling confident with a body thats not seen as 'perfect' watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennybean)
    Ok I'm unsure if you're deliberately winding me up or just not getting this. If I don't believe there is a definition of body perfection (and you have just declared it to be unachievable), what would I be striving for exactly? How can you aim for something when you don't even know what it is you're aiming for?
    No i'm not winding you up - just that everyone has something that they think can be better in one way or another. I can't imagine myself stopping at the gym - something could always be bigger/better stamina and so on. :dumbells:

My body is far from perfect, but I'd say I'm confident. I feel sort of separate from my body, in a way? Not bound by it, if you know what I mean.

I have no partner, because of my body. :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    Your friend sounds like a ****.
    I'm satisfied with my body, as in, I know the things I dislike (smallish boobs, average bum) aren't going to suddenly change. It's my face that will never let me be confident. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    No i'm not winding you up - just that everyone has something that they think can be better in one way or another. I can't imagine myself stopping at the gym - something could always be bigger/better stamina and so on. :dumbells:
    I can't imagine myself stopping at the gym either, but I also know that the gym is never going to change the things I dislike the most about my body...

ReputationRep:
    How does one define perfect? What society wants? Enforces as desirable? Perhaps if we Analyse ourselves through our OWN image of perfection, we may feel better about ourselves. Enjoy what you are without attempting to conform to unattainable standards of "perfection".
    And yup, i love my body .

ReputationRep:
    feeling confident with a body thats not seen as 'perfect'

In answer to the original question, then yes I think you can feel confident. I feel confident with mine, and im not some roider 6packed health fanatic.. But maybe I have the personality to compensate, therefore boosting my confidence.. But as many have said it is easily possible to be confident with what you've got...

And tink i'm surprised at this thread !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hontoir)
    feeling confident with a body thats not seen as 'perfect'

In answer to the original question, then yes I think you can feel confident. I feel confident with mine, and im not some roider 6packed health fanatic.. But maybe I have the personality to compensate, therefore boosting my confidence.. But as many have said it is easily possible to be confident with what you've got...

And tink i'm surprised at this thread !!!

why you surprised at it?

ReputationRep:
    This is because you offended many people by posting about 10 different pics of your ass in tiny undies, nobody wants to see it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello_Kitty)
    This is because you offended many people by posting about 10 different pics of your ass in tiny undies, nobody wants to see it.
    then dont look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    why you surprised at it?

because you know what someones reaction to it will be :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hontoir)
    because you know what someones reaction to it will be :yep:
    :rofl: i so know who you mean haha

ReputationRep:
    We have seen your pics. You are a fat, ugly wildebeast.

You wont look good, please for the sake of humanity do not wear this. A

If you insist on wearing this, travel in a car that has tinted windows and do not expose yourself to any members of the public.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.