Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Im not making this post to moan or look for sympathy, just need some advice on what to do.

Ive been living in uni halls since september, after having some ups and downs about it I thought I had finally managed to settle in and get a routine. Although I get on with most of my flat mates the majority of them go home EVERY weekend which obviously leaves the flat very lonely and empty then, its also very rare that we are in the kitchen/lounge area for a chat or whatever as most just us it for cooking then go and eat in their rooms. I'm the only guy in my flat, the others are girls and obvs they go on their own nights out etc. Theres nothing worse than sitting in your flat on your own, its very lonely and depressing.

My mates here are great, the 2 lads i hang out most with are great company, although we go round each others flats quite abit we can only afford to go out once a week and they're both keen on clubbing which i really cant stand, im not the most confident person in the world tbh.

Since coming bak after xmas ive started to really miss home and appreciate what I have there, all of my closest freinds still live at home and it sucks not being able to see them as often as i would like.

Really considering moving back home for the rest of the year as i live within 30mins of uni.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Grow a pair and start going on nights out with your lady flatmates.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, THE best way to get girls is to go out with female friends.
    They know girls, who will join the group.
    Then everyone starts taking pictures.
    Then your male presence will be wanted in the pictures so you don't feel left out.
    Then you get talking.
    Then you're in.

ReputationRep:
    I lived in a flat with 6 girls and one gay guy who was very much one of the girls, but I still went out on nights out etc. Don't be afraid to join in, I'm sure you'd be welcome on their flat nights out. Also, I expect they meet up with a mixed sex group when they get to the club/pub.

ReputationRep:
    Stick in there. If you move home it'll be too easy for you to fall out of uni life and just regress to hanging out with your home mates.

ReputationRep:
    lmao, I bet 99% of the guys would pay a fortune to get into your flat - almost single-sex, female-only flat with one guy? A DREAM COME TRRRRU.

ReputationRep:
    stick it out. it's only for a few more months anyway before you move in private accommodation

ReputationRep:
    Join the girls on their nights out.Simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    lmao, I bet 99% of the guys would pay a fortune to get into your flat - almost single-sex, female-only flat with one guy? A DREAM COME TRRRRU.
    No. It really, really isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah a pussy like yourself would be a snug fit.

ReputationRep:
    such a naive reply :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    You never know, if you hang out with the girls you might even get laid:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    such a naive reply :facepalm2:
    typical QMUL pervert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    No. It really, really isn't.
    Why not? I, myself, much prefer the company of girls than the company of guys - I always did. With all due respect, I find most of the guys incredibly boring, which is not the case with girls - and if it's mutual and works well for both sides, I don't see what the problem is? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You need to find yourself soem friends otherwise who will you get a house with next year? Unless you live at home for the whole course which, frankly, means you are missing out on a big part of the uni experience.

ReputationRep:
    Why not? I, myself, much prefer the company of girls than the company of guys - I always did. With all due respect, I find most of the guys incredibly boring, which is not the case with girls - and if it's mutual and works well for both sides, I don't see what the problem is? :confused:
    Then that's your view isn't it? Don't try and apply it on a universal scale though. Many guys I know who have lived with a majority of girls hated it, including myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Then that's your view isn't it? Don't try and apply it on a universal scale though. Many guys I know who have lived with a majority of girls hated it, including myself.
    Sure, any reasons why? I'm genuinely interested.

ReputationRep:
    Well, your housemates aren't particularly awful, I think you're just a bit lonely. I think the thing to do really is to just go out with the girls and see what happens. Worse comes to worst, you just make an excuse and come home early cos it's crap.

Keep plodding on, you haven't long left

ReputationRep:
    Sure, any reasons why? I'm genuinely interested.
    Girls are pretty rubbish at handling emotions at this age (not that guys are much better, admittedly), and so unless the guy is completely void of sexual appeal, there's a good chance that there will be at an atmosphere among the group. Believe it or not, you aren't going to start shagging all of your flatmates.

The above is in response to the main reason I hear for why it would be a good thing to live with all girls.

ReputationRep:
    People always say that living at home mean you don't get the whole uni experience, but i'm not sure that's completely true. Obviously it won't be exactly the same, but personally i'm much preferring being at home (i was in halls for a couple of months and hated it so have now moved back) and i still get involved in societies and stuff. I'm not really into clubbing going out and getting really drunk but i still go out with uni friends, and i don't simply come home whenever i don't have lectures. If you're willing to make a bit more effort then it really doesn't have to be very different. It's better that you're happy at home than miserable in halls. Hope that helps!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.