Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Maritime Law as LLM watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey people,
    I`d like to know which are the best schools in the UK that offer Maritime Law as a graduate degree.Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivan Stanchev)
    Hey people,
    I`d like to know which are the best schools in the UK that offer Maritime Law as a graduate degree.Thank you in advance
    As far as I know, you don't even have LLB degree, so why are you asking about it now? I bet you'll change your mind anyway

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I don`t have a LLB degree but I am very interested to know since my parents have very strong connections in the maritime field and I will easily be able to find a good job.I don`t say this to brag or anything, I am just answering you the question why I look for information regarding the maritime law as I still dont have an LLB

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I don`t have a LLB degree but I am very interested to know since my parents have very strong connections in the maritime field and I will easily be able to find a good job.I don`t say this to brag or anything, I am just answering you the question why I look for information regarding the maritime law as I still dont have an LLB
    If your parents have strong connections in the maritime field as you say, then why don't you get the connections and ask the people directly?

Makes more sense to me, unless I'm missing something here?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The University of Southampton is one of the world's leaders for Maritime law. It's certainly the leading university in the UK for this area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Deeds)
    The University of Southampton is one of the world's leaders for Maritime law. It's certainly the leading university in the UK for this area.
    Yep, thank you.This is the answer I was looking for.
    I also heard that Bristol university has pretty good maritime law school.

(Original post by haaaza23)
    If your parents have strong connections in the maritime field as you say, then why don't you get the connections and ask the people directly?

Makes more sense to me, unless I'm missing something here?
    Is it possible for you to stop criticizing me after everything I post ?Hasnt your mother taught you that if you don`t have anything meaningful to say , you`d better say nothing ?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    OK guys, let's not let this get nasty.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, thank you.This is the answer I was looking for.
    I also heard that Bristol university has pretty good maritime law school.

Is it possible for you to stop criticizing me after everything I post ?Hasnt your mother taught you that if you don`t have anything meaningful to say , you`d better say nothing ?
    Yeah, maybe you should try to use your advice?
    For me it's absolutely ludicrous to look for the best uni now as you don't even know if you stand a chance.

ReputationRep:
    Southampton and Bristol have good programs, for sure.

But many unis offer this degree now. Some are relatively new.

ReputationRep:
    Hull is pretty good for maritime law

ReputationRep:
    hull sucks man! go for southampton, n1 law school in the uk in terms of maritime law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by renjie)
    hull sucks man! go for southampton, n1 law school in the uk in terms of maritime law.
    Well,first I need to complete my LLB degree, get a first, and then I should look for a good maritime law school.However, I will probably aim for Sotton or Bristol

ReputationRep:
    why not go abroad for your llm in maritime law? singapore or hk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by renjie)
    why not go abroad for your llm in maritime law? singapore or hk?
    This is a good idea.I ve heard that Scandinavian countries are #1 for maritime law.Singapore, nope, I cant stand such rigid societies.Jesus, in Singapore they can hang you for smoking in a public place (figuratively speaking, but you get the point ) :judge: :judge: :judge:

ReputationRep:
    This is a good idea.I ve heard that Scandinavian countries are #1 for maritime law.Singapore, nope, I cant stand such rigid societies.Jesus, in Singapore they can hang you for smoking in a public place (figuratively speaking, but you get the point ) :judge: :judge: :judge:
    Where did you get the idea you can be hanged for smoking in public in Singapore?! Or smoking at all, for that matter. The most that can be prescribed as punishment is a fine and possible imprisonment. I'm sorry but I just feel the need to correct some misconceptions here. The country might be tough on some things but you shouldn't apply a blanket assumption to every offence really. Cheers.

Edit: I know this is a bit off-topic, sorry.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.