I just don't get it!! Watch

hay.hay
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
In uni today people started talking about films and stuff and we got onto the topic of Twilight. Again.

I just don't get it!! Surely I'm not the only girl who;

1- thought the film was rubbish
2- thinks Robert Pattison needs a wash
3- tried reading the book but gave up coz it was just awful!

What am I missing?! Do you have to just push through and the books get better or what?!

This shouldn't be a problem and I know it's stupid but it's always getting talked about everywhere and I actually feel left out! I want to like it but it's just not happening!!
Jeremy_Whiskers
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No, it's just terrible
moomin_love
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hay.hay)
In uni today people started talking about films and stuff and we got onto the topic of Twilight. Again.

I just don't get it!! Surely I'm not the only girl who;

1- thought the film was rubbish
2- thinks Robert Pattison needs a wash
3- tried reading the book but gave up coz it was just awful!

What am I missing?! Do you have to just push through and the books get better or what?!

This shouldn't be a problem and I know it's stupid but it's always getting talked about everywhere and I actually feel left out! I want to like it but it's just not happening!!
Admittedly, I like the films, but I think the books are awful. I can't understand the obsession with them. It's like wannabe Harry Potter... and that got boring towards the end. I looove books, but I often don't see what all the fuss is about when it comes to stuff that isn't that well written. Btw I'm not saying Harry Potter isn't well written... it just kind of drags on after the 4th book and I just couldn't be bothered with all the unnecessary description... I'm happy just waiting for the films lol but yeah, the Twilight books are serrrioouussslllyy awful. And RP isn't all that to be honest!
Colour Me Pretty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd say I hate it, but that doesn't even cover the loathing I have for the damn thing.
Adnis&Disaster_lover
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I used to never read, but then i got into the Twilight series and i read loads now! I loooove Twilight!

There are lots of people i know who love the saga, but many who hate it too...

I think the reason why i loved it so much, was that i just loved the whole background story. the whole 'forbidden love' kinda thing. I'm a sucker for romance, and i absolutely loved the characters. Plus, i'd love to be Bella. Having two absolutely amazing guys that both want me... having this beautiful family behind me... all the adventure... powers...
it's just so exciting.
Butterflyleg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
OP, if you don't like then there's nothing you can do - and we can't help you xD
But yeah, I agree with you. Twilight is rubbish and it's like a fairy tale, I much prefer Charlaine Harris's books (Sookie Stackhouse (Southern Vampire) Series).
hay.hay
Rep:
?
(Original post by Butterflyleg)
OP, if you don't like then there's nothing you can do - and we can't help you xD
But yeah, I agree with you. Twilight is rubbish and it's like a fairy tale, I much prefer Charlaine Harris's books (Sookie Stackhouse (Southern Vampire) Series).

lol I know xD

I'm just fed up of being told 'you're missing out' and 'you're just weird' for not liking it! I thought maybe I'd be let in on some secret like the first book was sh!t and it got better or something!

haha it's nice to know I'm not the only girl who doesn't like it though! Everyone's just gone mental :P
CommonPeople
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Film was boring. Needed more death.

And a script.
didgeridoo12uk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
films were terrible.
books were written terribly.

but the underlying story is pretty good
hay.hay
Rep:
?
(Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
films were terrible.
books were written terribly.

but the underlying story is pretty good
From what I've seen, the storyline just seemed very kind of buffy/angel.

Brooding/moody vampire guy stalks girl who he can't have sex with.

Except Bella is boring and Buffy is great :P
Kash:)
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yup to the first 2. thankfully didnt bother with the second
flowermaster91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Twilight is ****

/thread
guitar_dude2004
Report 8 years ago
My Media teacher goes on and on about how its all about being solely dependent on a man and how she can't think for herself and all these feminist theories about the book and film. I'll admit to being a guy who read the first book well before the film and found it okay, then it became this mainstream thing and the film came out and fair enough its a nice fairy tale form of escapism for teenage girls, but then you get the mums who like it and everywhere you go you see 90% of the female population obsessing over something that really isn't worth any of the hype! The film was dreadful though, there are so many amazing British films that people overlook because they've got their mouths wide open, waiting for Hollywood's next **** film. If you want a good vampire novel to read, go dig up some Anne Rice books or Charlaine Harris's, in fact go and read Dracula, which when you actually read it, you get a feeling that most vampires are homosexual. I wouldn't feel left out in the slightest
francake
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I can't express fully how annoying I find Twilight, and now everyone's into vampires because they're so sexy and mysterious and whatever else.

Proper vampires don't **** about:
http://cfs9.tistory.com/image/12/tis.../48c7e7d85e5a4

x y z
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I found Bella really boring and emo, and Edward quite annoying so I gave up reading it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.6%
No (737)
72.4%

Watched Threads