Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

going blonder again in spring/summer, but should i go brown for a while first watch

ReputationRep:
    ok so bit complicated but at the moment my hair is a darkish-blonde colour, i experiment with colour a lot but iv been this for a while now.
    i want to go platinum blonde in the spring/summer (coz thats always been kinda my trademark colour), but in the meantime i am bored with the colour i have now and thought of going darkish-brown for a while (just using semi-permanent colour). should i do this or should i just stick with this colour i have now until i decide to go blonder?

ReputationRep:
    Picture would help yes?

ReputationRep:
    mike - iv been brown before so i know it suits me, im just asking coz im wondering if it would be pointless

ReputationRep:
    Stick with what you've got til you go blonde. I'm
    the same as you, always changing between the two, but summer's close enough and having darker hair will make going platinum more difficult.

ReputationRep:
    I really hate fake blondes. You talk to a hot blonde, waste alot of time and energy only to find out that she is actually a brunette and then of course lose interest in her. Waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    cat - yeah thats kinda what i was thinking but im using semi-permanent so it'll wash out easily before i put the blonde in.
    on the other hand i was thinking of maybe just putting blonde highlights in now them going full-platinum later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    I really hate fake blondes. You talk to a hot blonde, waste alot of time and energy only to find out that she is actually a brunette and then of course lose interest in her. Waste of time.
    firstly - ur a moron

secondly - im not a fake blonde, my natural colour is a dark-blonde

ReputationRep:
    I know! Jeeeeeeeez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessLK)
    firstly - ur a moron

secondly - im not a fake blonde, my natural colour is a dark-blonde
    I'm not attracted to women who are not naturally blonde or redheaded. Can't say I've ever even noticed a brunette before, unless she attempted some kind of interaction with me. Why is this natural inclination something that makes me a moron? Also, saying "ur" instantly nullifies any insult to intelligence from you.

There is no such thing as a "dark-blonde". Blonde and dark are antonyms; the word blonde literally means fair - how can you simultaneously be dark and fair?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the highlights thing sounds cool. Then you could go dark for winter? That's what I do having dark blonde hair in the first place means it's not such a big deal to chop and change colour because you're already on both the blonde and brown spectrum - the best of both!

And I do not know what these morons are playing at judging people on their hair colour!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not attracted to women who are not naturally blonde or redheaded. Can't say I've ever even noticed a brunette before, unless she attempted some kind of interaction with me. Why is this natural inclination something that makes me a moron? Also, saying "ur" instantly nullifies any insult to intelligence from you.

There is no such thing as a "dark-blonde". Blonde and dark are antonyms; the word blonde literally means fair - how can you simultaneously be dark and fair?
    of course u can be dark blonde, it just means that whilst your hair is still generally 'light' or 'FAIR' you are on the 'darker' side of the blonde-spectrum as opposed to the 'lighter' side - just as you can be both 'dark-brunette' and 'lighter-brunette'.

ReputationRep:
    of course u can be dark blonde, it just means that whilst your hair is still generally 'light' or 'FAIR' you are on the 'darker' side of the blonde-spectrum as opposed to the 'lighter' side - just as you can be both 'dark-brunette' and 'lighter-brunette'.
    As I said, and you ignored, the word blonde means fair/light; something that is fair/light cannot, logically, also be dark. You may have a mix of brown and blonde hair, but you are not dark-blonde. That's all semantics anyway and wasn't the real point of my post, which you completely missed.

ReputationRep:
    As I said, and you ignored, the word blonde means fair/light; something that is fair/light cannot, logically, also be dark. You may have a mix of brown and blonde hair, but you are not dark-blonde. That's all semantics anyway and wasn't the real point of my post, which you completely missed.
    yes you CAN be dark-blonde, i know absolutely TONS of people who use that descroption and have no problem with it. you can also be light-brown, even though brown is essentially a dark colour. both colours brown and blonde both have a light-to-dark spectrum.
    i think you are just misunderstanding what i am saying due to a language-barrier as you probably dont speak fluent english.

ReputationRep:
    yes you CAN be dark-blonde, i know absolutely TONS of people who use that descroption and have no problem with it. you can also be light-brown, even though brown is essentially a dark colour. both colours brown and blonde both have a light-to-dark spectrum.
    i think you are just misunderstanding what i am saying due to a language-barrier as you probably dont speak fluent english.
    Where on earth would you get that idea? My utilisation of the English language has been far better than your own throughout the thread; at the very least I know how to capitalise and follow simple grammatical rules which, evidently, you do not.

ReputationRep:
    Where on earth would you get that idea? My utilisation of the English language has been far better than your own throughout the thread; at the very least I know how to capitalise and follow simple grammatical rules which, evidently, you do not.
    becuase ur from afghanistan. and i DO know how to capitalise and use grammar etc. but i just choose not to, becuase its a website and i dont have time to mess around with that stuff, as long as what i write is legible.
    ur clearly a troll anyway judging from the first post u made and the fact that u have a high warning level. therefire i will waste no more of my energy arguing with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cat285)

And I do not know what these morons are playing at judging people on their hair colour!

He wasnt judging, merely said he didn't find them attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watch Out For Sharks)
    He wasnt judging, merely said he didn't find them attractive.
    I think you'll find he was:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cat285)
    I think you'll find he was:
    i agree with cat, this blaton guy really is a moron

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.