Turn on thread page Beta

Can unfeminine girls come across as feminine if they want to? watch

Announcements

Would you say that whether a girl seems feminine/delicate or tomboyish is something she can help, or not? I see girls who don't look attractive because they dress in a tomboyish fashion but then even when these girls are in a dress on a night out you can still tell just by looking that they are not the feminine type:confused: They still look a bit 'rough' even though they are wearing very feminine clothes. My sisters the same even though she has tried to dress girly. I think its more than what a girl wears that determined whether or not she comes across as the girly feminine but I can never work out what. Do you reckon its possible for a girl to go from tomboyish to feminine?

ReputationRep:
    of course lol maybe get someone girly to give u a make up or something, they probably still come accross as lacking femininity because theyre not used to girly stuff like make up. It is deff something you can change IMO, once you're changing for the right reasons and that

ReputationRep:
    Have you never watched Miss Congeniality?

ReputationRep:
    ive been both, as a teen i used to live in football tops and sports pants, hoodies etc, then i went girly with skirts and hair accessorie/make up etc now im back to being a tom boy

prefer being a tom boy tbh

ReputationRep:
    Happens every year at proms/ freshers balls all over the country. The girl you never thought looked attractive suddenly dons a dress and looks a million dollars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's Ken!)
    Happens every year at proms/ freshers balls all over the country. The girl you never thought looked attractive suddenly dons a dress and looks a million dollars
    How can a dress change a face though? A face is a face.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty masculine in how I choose to dress sometimes - i love wearing ties, shirts, blazers, things like that. I own one set of heels (they're battered) and if I'm invited out, it'll usually be a jeans and t-shirt combo.

I put quite a lot of thought into my tailored style outfits, but if I throw on a dress I get more compliments from my girl friends because "Look, you are a girl, you can do it!" I can do it, I like being a bit girly sometimes, but mostly I feel a bit silly trying to be too feminine because it isn't what I actually am like as a person. I still wear makeup and I love my hair, but if I put on a dress or a skirt then I feel like everyone's staring and I just look like a bit of a ****.

ReputationRep:
    Short answer yes... If they want to then why can't they..

I'm a bit tomboyish. I love blazers and slightly less feminine clothes, but if I want to look girly I do and I can...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.