Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

After meeting a couple of my friends for the first time in a couple of years last weekend, after a gap year and my first term and a half at University, it got me depressed.

Whilst most of my friends went straight to University, just the discussion of sexual experiences and general love life brought me down. It appears to me that pretty much all my friends have lost their virginity, whereas I have not so much as kissed a girl.

I am not particularly attractive, I have quite odd facial features, but I probably lack a bit of confidence to some extent. I have never had a proper girlfriend (just the 'when I was 13-years-old it was cool' type ones) and I have never really got intimate with anyone. In terms of my being - I am quite eccentric, but normally quite laid-back. I wear smartish clothes for University (normally smar shirt and jumper with smart jeans or trousers).

This thought doesn't really depress me much, but just the thought of my very good friends doing well for themselves on that front, and the complete and total lack of signs for me, brings me down quite considerably.

What can I do to improve my chances? It isn't so much that I am desperate to lose my virginity, but more the sense that I can be attractive to someone, as eventually, one thing leads to another.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.