Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm James, I am 16 years old and I'm just going to dump some of my work in here.

I take a good interest in photography, and all of my work that i'm going to post here is taken with a Canon 350D and either a Sigma 24-135 or a Canon 50mm f1.8, all the EXIF data should be intact, I can provide full size if you like it that much as a desktop

Comments/Criticisms are more than welcome.

Christening of Harry

Holiday in Sharm-el-Sheikh

More Next.

ReputationRep:
    I like your dock photo, its better rotated so it looked even:

You kinda get the impression the dock stretches out forever...

ReputationRep:
    My Attempt at Football Photography x)

Random Pieces

^This is with a Samsung NV24HD

And again, Comments/criticism is welcome and wanted.

ReputationRep:
    Wow...I find the positions and tranquility of these photos amazing

ReputationRep:
    I love the dock photo also.

ReputationRep:
    I like the baby, can I have his number :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    Some moreee!

These are some pieces I used in My GCSE Art/Photography, which I got a B in..

This is my 'portable' photography solution, haha

=]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoneGuy)
    I like the baby, can I have his number :hubba:

I'm not sure about that old chap.

ReputationRep:
    I like them all tbh, but I don't really know anything about photography. But as 'normal' person, they are nice to look at. Well done PC James!

Can I ask, there nice. But the football ones seem a bit out of focus? Like the players and ball are not 100% crisp in focus, but guess its hard to get moving objects? Or is it an effect?

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    It's just me being inexperienced generally, never done that type of stuff before, following these guys running around on a field with my slow lens isn't as easy as it would be with a faster lens, but yea, I did want them all to be sharp and infocus, but it's harder than it looks. :P

Heres more, the first two are with a Fuji s5700 and the last with my 350D.

This won a photography competition at school, I got £15 worth of HMV vouchers! yay.

Pretty house spider in my bath

Longish exposure.

ReputationRep:
    I like IMG_5839 but I think it could be greatly improved by taking the photo without the backround cottages. My favourite one is probaly IMG_4979 as I really like the tranquil colours and feel of the place. Other than that, I think in general they seem very bland.

ReputationRep:
    Prepare to be hated for the spider.

ReputationRep:
    Well photography isn't my forté, but these photos are all really good. The sport ones are a bit blurry but I'm sure that could be amended with a faster lens.
    Also that spider in the bath, how much is that zoomed in?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I didn't zoom with the spider, I just got really damn close, i'm not kidding every time i got closer it move, I jumped out of my socks, several times, poor me, it's only a spider, something tells me I'm using far too many commas in this sentance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Earl Nuce)
    Prepare to be hated for the spider.
    Some spiders are cute!

Look at this cute beast, don't tell me if it entered your home, you wouldn't pick him up and give him a cuddle, it's even smiling!
    What more could you possibly want from a spider who is happy and willing to go on bug patrol mission inside your house? If you don't believe me, LOOK AT THOSE EYES! Those are Gods eyes looking up at you, he thinks your admirable, strong and he's the reason you can turn on your lights + open windows at night.

I'm scared of some spiders anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesXP)
    I think the photo with the pink sky and muddy track is fantastic, how did you only keep colour on one part of the picture?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gueirguiy)
    I like IMG_5839 but I think it could be greatly improved by taking the photo without the backround cottages. My favourite one is probaly IMG_4979 as I really like the tranquil colours and feel of the place. Other than that, I think in general they seem very bland.

Anymore on how I could improve the 'general blandness'

I like your pictures.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.