Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel so alone right now and my friends aren't helping. Whenever I speak to them they act like my friends obviously buut they never seem to make the effort with me!
    They rarely text me or try talk to me on msn. Do they not care about me?
    I'm feeling left out and alone

ReputationRep:
    Tell them what you've just told us. Im sure if they cared about you they will listen.

ReputationRep:
    the world doesnt care,
    im laying back with a lucozade orange in one hand, a silk cut purple in the other, listening to j.cole-i really mean it... and looking onto a babyliss razor contemplating a quick dry electric shave...
    do you think anyone cares

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you're not making the effort either? I know if a friend of mine didn't make much effort to go out, get in touch with me and I'd see him on facebook, I'd just be like mish and go play Bloody Pingu.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel so alone right now and my friends aren't helping. Whenever I speak to them they act like my friends obviously buut they never seem to make the effort with me!
    I feel like this too.

But I don't think telling them how I feel will help at all; they won't suddenly make more effort to make me feel better.

I/OP just need to try to spend more time with them...

ReputationRep:
    Get new friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fidel69)
    the world doesnt care,
    im laying back with a lucozade orange in one hand, a silk cut purple in the other, listening to j.cole-i really mean it... and looking onto a babyliss razor contemplating a quick dry electric shave...
    do you think anyone cares
    Ditto. LOL

Im also drinking Lucazade orange except that im listening to Masta Ace - Acknowledge

(Original post by Gueirguiy)
    Maybe you're not making the effort either? I know if a friend of mine didn't make much effort to go out, get in touch with me and I'd see him on facebook, I'd just be like mish and go play Bloody Pingu.
    Well I do live in halls just now so don't seem them as much. I am always so paranoid people don't like me just now! I need to get over it!

ReputationRep:
    Well I do live in halls just now so don't seem them as much. I am always so paranoid people don't like me just now! I need to get over it!
    That's probaly exactly why then, usually the effort has to come from both sides, otherwise one presumes the other doesn't want to meet up with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gueirguiy)
    That's probaly exactly why then, usually the effort has to come from both sides, otherwise one presumes the other doesn't want to meet up with them.
    yeah sheer fricckin persistence(spelling?) thats the way to break down social barriers, banngggg

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.