The Student Room Group

1 litre bottle of energy drink: will it cure the tiredness of an all nighter?

i got college at 9.. and i really cant sleep for some reason. im a bit tired right now, but i'll be REALLY tired in say, 5 hours time.

will a 1 litre bottle of energy drink, such as boost, prevent this extreme tiredness?

thanks
From vast experience: no. An energy drink will give you physical energy, but you'll still be really tired, you just won't be able to keep still. Caffeine is similar.

Go lie down in the dark till it's time to get up. That's about as close to sleep as you'll get, and you'll feel better for it than if you don't.
Reply 2
dumb maths student
will a 1 litre bottle of energy drink, such as boost, prevent this extreme tiredness?

the key to energy drinks is to take small sips of them over an extended period of time - that way you're being kept awake through the night/day. If you drink a can, let alone 4 one after another, it's just gonna give you an enormous boost within 30-60 mins, that will end up in a horrible crashdown some 3-4 hours later. You don't wanna do this. Energy drinks take resources from your body - if you guzzle down a can, it takes as much as it can at once, whereas if you just extend a can/bottle over several hours, it will take small bits of your energy, one after another, and you'll be able to refill it in the meantime (e.g. by eating something or drinking Lucozade)

Just keep on taking a couple of sips every 10-15 minutes or so, and you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 3
Dno, energy drinks so ******* to me so it depends on you, I can stay up without it and tbh I'd find all that pissing of the energy drinks annoying, just do an activity that wakes you up?
no idea - only one way to find out...
down it and report back here :biggrin:
Reply 5
Meh my sleeping patterns been frame-shifted so instead of sleeping i am studying whole night lol...
ah ****.. 2 hours 30 mins sleep + bottle vs NO sleep + bottle?
which will leave me LESS tired throughout the day? lol
>:
Reply 9
dumb maths student

Add to that i am going to the gym Later.:s-smilie:
Reply 10
I know i'm like 3 hours late.. :p: but
Won't it give you twitches? On a normal day I once had a 1.25l bottle of coke and my eye was twitching like mad the next day. :lolwut:
Reply 11
No. Sleep and better time scheduling would.
Reply 12
dumb maths student

I think its just going to increase the crash effects later. Did you try it in the end?
Reply 13
I drink 1_2 bottles a day
And now am addicted and can't stop
DONT START!!!!
21 years old
Original post by dumb maths student
i got college at 9.. and i really cant sleep for some reason. im a bit tired right now, but i'll be REALLY tired in say, 5 hours time.

thanks

Dont even think about it. You are going to feel absolutely ****, crazy heart palpitations, trembling, restlessness, maybe even a headache and diarrhea and you will still feel worn out, you will just not be able to fall asleep so you will be insomniac which isnt the same as not being tired. 1 litre of energy drink will not make you any less tried than a can of Monster, it will just make you feel completely horrible. You're better off just skipping class or falling asleep on your desk.
I just saw the date on his post!! I hope he didnt die of a caffeine overdose

he is a banned dumb maths student so we will never find out:frown:
no you might give urself a heart attack...:s-smilie:

Quick Reply