Turn on thread page Beta

Intolerance in Germany: German Homeschoolers Won Asylum in the U.S. watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...cnn=yes&hpt=T2

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...529322,00.html

"Statistics on racist assaults prove that parts of eastern Germany are no-go zones for ethnic minorities."

"Maybe it’s the Germans’ romantic yearning for purity and cleanliness, for a “Heile Welt,” a “Perfect World,” that renders them prone to a collective xenophobia. This nation of dog lovers goes for pure breeds -- walk around Berlin’s Grunewald Lake on a Sunday afternoon and you will see plenty of dachshunds, Alsatians and terriers. Don’t even bother trying to spot a mongrel."

ReputationRep:
    I have lived in Germany for 4 years. But I was in "west Germany", where life is much better than the eastern part. I know that some cities like Leipzig, Dresden, Jena are not a good place for foreigners. And I have heard many stories of young people attacking foreigners in the street.

The thing is, after more than 20 years of the German unification (Deutsche Einheit), and despite the fact that West Germany has given lots of money to the eastern part to strenghten its economy and build industries and so on, the eastern part is still retarded and have more jobeless people than the western part. That's the reason why many young people in Leipzig, Dresden... think that they are jobeless because foreigners have taken their jobs.
    This isn't true because most of the jobs that foreigners do aren't really interesting for Germans. On the other hand, a report published recently has shown that Germany has the lowest rate of newborns compared to all European countries and that the age average in Germany is 45-55, so the population is old, which means having foreigners, and most of them are young, should be beneficial for the country.

Anyway, the problem with foreigners isn't only in Germany, but everywhere. UK also has problems with muslims/hindi/pakistani people. In France, if Jean-marie Le Pen becomes a president one day, he would kick all the foreigners out. I have been to Spain as well, and I can assure you that Spanish people aren't really warm to foreigners as one could think. So it's a global problem...

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.