ReputationRep:
    Discuss PLZ.

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel particularly hellish.

ReputationRep:
    Any reason to think this?

Oh wait it's religion... right. Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Hell is the imaginings of primitive, megalomaniacal men.

ReputationRep:
    Poor responses above.

Im agnostic (I don't see how anyone can possibly write-off the possibility of a creator, just as I wouldn't write-off the possibility that I am in a case of liquid **** and being fed information), but this can still be discussed.

If one calls 'All-things-that-are-good' "God", then yeah Hell would surely be just that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Discuss PLZ.
    discussed further in Paradise Lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricky116)
    Poor responses above.

I don't see how anyone can possibly write-off the possibility of a creator
    I'm open to the idea of there being a creator, I just don't believe that it's the vile character portrayed in scripture. I don't think a being with this amount of power and intelligence beyond the scope of our imagination would be so: homophobic, misogynistic, genocidal and racist.

Why is this creator so obsessed with our measly planet orbiting our mediocre star? There are 70 sextillion (70,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) other stars and 500 billion other galaxies.

I think if there is a creator, it doesn't deserve the repugnant label that scripture gives it. I'm certain an atheist gives such a creator more respect in this regard.

ReputationRep:
    there is no evidence that hell is a place of fire and brimstone, should it exist. This is the crux of the argument.

ReputationRep:
    There's really not much to be discussed. Dreamed about, perhaps. But regardless, the nature of hell doesn't go any further than the confines of the human skull.

ReputationRep:
    Hell hath no limits, nor is circumscrib'd
    In one self-place; but where we are is hell,
    And where hell is, there must we ever be:
    And, to be short, when all the world dissolves,
    And every creature shall be purified,
    All places shall be hell that are not heaven.

ReputationRep:
    Hell is the tool used by religions to scare their followers into conforming to their ways and beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricky116)
    Poor responses above.

Im agnostic (I don't see how anyone can possibly write-off the possibility of a creator, just as I wouldn't write-off the possibility that I am in a case of liquid **** and being fed information), but this can still be discussed.

If one calls 'All-things-that-are-good' "God", then yeah Hell would surely be just that.
    Sure I can't write it off. But I don't have any reason to start imagining the nature of a 'heaven' or a 'hell'. Pointless speculation.

ReputationRep:
    Hell, like God, is somewhat irrelevant in today's modern day, intelligent society.

ReputationRep:
    If you believe in creationism then of course it is a tangible place. What kind of pseudo-philosophy is this sh**?

ReputationRep:
    For TSR, I'd guess that Hell was a place where you'd always get Cs in exams, no matter how hard you try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    For TSR, I'd guess that Hell was a place where you'd always get Cs in exams, no matter how hard you try.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hell is other people (Sartre).

ReputationRep:
    State Schools?

ReputationRep:
    If it is, then I am hell incarnate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    'Hell' isn't a tangible place, hell is just a lack of God

Discuss PLZ.
    Well in that case, Hell isn't half as bad as everyone's been making out...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.