Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Lol. He wouldn't have done it if she didn't kill his baby.
    Great defence! 'I wouldn't have committed these criminal acts if they hadn't committed that completely legal act' ... see how that flies in a court of law.

Your argument that it's okay to commit a crime as long as someone did something that upset you is utterly absurd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Great defence! 'I wouldn't have committed these criminal acts if they hadn't committed that completely legal act' ... see how that flies in a court of law.

Your argument that it's okay to commit a crime as long as someone did something that upset you is utterly absurd.
    What a ridiculous standpoint. OMG YOU CANT DO THAT THE LAW SAYS SO :rofl:

Law is not the be all and end all of anything at all.

Law =/= Morals.

Many people will happily break the law to act in a way that is morally justified.

Shes lucky he didn't strangle her, imo.

ReputationRep:
    What a ridiculous standpoint. OMG YOU CANT DO THAT THE LAW SAYS SO :rofl:

Law is not the be all and end all of anything at all.

Law =/= Morals.

Many people will happily break the law to act in a way that is morally justified.

Shes lucky he didn't strangle her, imo.
    Listen to yourself FFS. 'She's lucky she wasn't murdered by her ex-boyfriend' ... Yeah women should be so grateful not to be murdered. :rolleyes:

Domestic abuse is illegal because society has collectively agreed that it's immoral. You disagree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Just wondering, if the guy had not reacting as angrily, if people would still be on the OP's side. I doubt it.

Well clearly, considering the responses in this thread, you are wrong.
    A lot of people seem to thing it was totally wrong for her not to tell him.
    I agree that in the end it is the woman's choice, but morally he should at least know.

I wouldn't call having an abortion without telling the father normal behaviour either.
    Exactly. She "killed his baby" without even telling him, and then left him never telling him why again. But he got angry and threw things about in a room and cried. WHAT. How dare he. Call the police.,

ReputationRep:
    Listen to yourself FFS. 'She's lucky she wasn't murdered by her ex-boyfriend' ... Yeah women should be so grateful not to be murdered. :rolleyes:

Domestic abuse is illegal because society has collectively agreed that it's immoral. You disagree?
    I'm sorry did the OP make another post citing domestic abuse? Or has punching the wall now morally and legally equatable to domestic abuse? I'm trying to understand your perspective here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    I'm sorry did the OP make another post citing domestic abuse? Or has punching the wall now morally and legally equatable to domestic abuse? I'm trying to understand your perspective here
    Yes, actually.

Click

ReputationRep:

Why are you trying to twist what I say? Where did I say women should be grateful to not be murdered?

THIS particular woman is lucky that she wasn't strangled, on THIS occasion.

It's not domestic abuse to punch some walls, shout profanities and cry a bit.

(Original post by Meus)
    Exactly. She "killed his baby" without even telling him, and then left him never telling him why again. But he got angry and threw things about in a room and cried. WHAT. How dare he. Call the police.,
    Exactly, a woman who suffers a misscarriage who was throwing things people would be like "awwh I hope she's ok."

The amount of anti-abortion replies on here is staggering. She did not murder anyone's baby, she killed an embryo, and regardless of your views on abortion that was her decision. He had no right to know - was he the one carrying a child? Maybe she should have told him, but that too was her decision.

OP, get a restraining order. And find out how on earth he found out about the abortion! If the abortion clinic has told him then they should be shut down. I thought the whole point of those was confidentiality..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)

She didn't tell him because she was SCARED OF HIM. How did you miss that? The example she gave is of the time he TIED HER UP to prevent her from leaving him. There is no grey area here - that is abuse pure and simple. Presumably there are other things that made her scared of him as well - women don't usually fear their boyfriend just for the fun of it.

She says that she was afraid he would try to force her to have the baby. The only way to force someone to have a baby is to use physical violence, threats of physical violence, or mental abuse. Again, I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that after knowing him for five years, she knew him well enough to judge her own safety around him, and to make a decision accordingly.

And then her fears were validated when he broke into her flat, verbally abused her and made her fear for her safety, making her feel like she couldn't be in the same room as him.

Abuse doesn't have to involve punching someone in the face. Good on her for trying to avoid it getting that far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    but he would have almost certainly taken it and cared for it, so really all that baby was asking for was to be carried for a few months in her womb - a small sacrafice to make compared to killing your own child for a mistake you made.

again someone who doesnt know what the hell they are talking about oh and you just so happen to be male :rolleyes: 'a small sacrifice' NO, do you not realise what a female has to go through to carry a baby, to give birth to it and the aftermath, you clearly dont after making that statement, yeah im sure shes going to carry and give birth to something she doesnt want on the off chance her crazy ex will take care of it :rolleyes: have a word

(Original post by Meus)

he smashed up her things/place, its called criminal damage, shes well within her rights to get him done for it, hell i would

ReputationRep:
    Why should a woman blame herself for somebody else's lack of control? You can't provoke someone. An adult male or female should have a little self control over their actions. I have no tolerance for threatening behaviour. If any man ever threatened me it would be goodbye out the door gone forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Exactly, a woman who suffers a misscarriage who was throwing things people would be like "awwh I hope she's ok."
    Actually, if a woman who suffered a miscarriage broke into someone else's home, vandalised it and verbally abused them, I'm pretty sure she'd be criticised.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you trying to twist what I say? Where did I say women should be grateful to not be murdered?

THIS particular woman is lucky that she wasn't strangled, on THIS occasion.

It's not domestic abuse to punch some walls, shout profanities and cry a bit.

Tying someone up, breaking into their home, trying to break their bedroom door down and verbally abusing them is domestic abuse, actually.

ReputationRep:
    i would love to see these peoples reactions (the ones who seem to think abuse is ok) if their partner started kicking off, they would be the first on here moaning about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    Tying someone up, breaking into their home, trying to break their bedroom door down and verbally abusing them is domestic abuse, actually.
    So this guy is not allowed to react to the fact that his girlfriend had an abortion without even telling him? For fear of being done for "domestic abuse"? **** that, if it happened to me I'd gladly do the time for this "domestic abuse".

ReputationRep:
    So this guy is not allowed to react to the fact that his girlfriend had an abortion without even telling him? For fear of being done for "domestic abuse"? **** that, if it happened to me I'd gladly do the time for this "domestic abuse".
    Of course he's not allowed to break into her flat, verbally abuse her and destroy her property. I can't believe you're even asking.

ReputationRep:

react yes, get angry yes, smash up property thats not yours no

its wrong, simple as

ReputationRep:
    i can not believe people on here are condoning breaking and entering and criminal damage :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people are more bothered about a couple of doors and a few material objects than they are about a life that's been needlessly ended behind the father's back :rolleyes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.