Turn on thread page Beta

Had an abortion - boyfriend found out! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    well think what you like but i have no plans to ever have sex, i do not want
    Ok thats fine.

Btw, "not having sex" is very different to "not having sex you do not want".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinywings)
    I wonder how many of the guys here going "omg you murdered his babby!!1 i would thump u 2 u vile *****!!!1" would actually be willing, if their girlfriend got pregnant and didn't want it, to take the child and raise it entirely by themselves? Not many, I'll bet. Idiotic hypocrites.
    Also - what girl would have a baby and then give it away to their ex-boyfriend who had a history of instability and abusive psychotic behaviour? Now THAT would be cruel. Choosing not to have a child is not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    As for your edit, of course i would. Thats a no brainer. If i had no idea of context and all i saw was a guy trashing my neighbours flat, i would call the police. Who wouldn't? How does this help your argument?
    So you agree that those actions are unacceptable?

That's how it helps my argument. If those actions are unacceptable, then they are unacceptable full stop. Not 'unacceptable but only if she hasn't had an abortion'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Also - what girl would have a baby and then give it away to their ex-boyfriend who had a history of instability and abusive psychotic behaviour? Now THAT would be cruel. Choosing not to have a child is not.
    When did this guy show a history if instability and abusive psychotic behaviour? If anyone was instable, it was her.

ReputationRep:
    again someone who doesnt know what the hell they are talking about oh and you just so happen to be male http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif 'a small sacrifice' NO, do you not realise what a female has to go through to carry a baby, to give birth to it and the aftermath, you clearly dont after making that statement, yeah im sure shes going to carry and give birth to something she doesnt want on the off chance her crazy ex will take care of it http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif have a word

he smashed up her things/place, its called criminal damage, shes well within her rights to get him done for it, hell i would
    Even if he doesn't want it there is a que of people a mile long who happily will. If you can't cope with having a child don't be a stupid whore?

ReputationRep:
    Ok thats fine.

Btw, "not having sex" is very different to "not having sex you do not want".
    no its not its the same

ReputationRep:
    So you agree that those actions are unacceptable?

That's how it helps my argument. If those actions are unacceptable, then they are unacceptable full stop. Not 'unacceptable but only if she hasn't had an abortion'.
    They are unacceptable. They are also understandable when put into context. The abortion was far more unacceptable than the breaking and entering.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, do you have any sense of proportion. As someone said, morals and the law are not equal things. Some things that are morally right are not strictly legal and some things that are legally right are not morally correct.

I'm a person. Not a lawyer. I'm concerned with morals, not the law.

The guy clearly had restraint. Thats why i feel for him. He left her alone and took control of himself. A bedroom is hardly an impregnable fortress.
    So what is your moral argument for breaking into someone's flat, trashing their possessions, and making them fear for their safety? :rofl:

Presumably an action is only moral if it brings greater good than harm.

What good things resulted from his actions?

ReputationRep:
    no its not its the same
    Well then you have certainly changed your tune in the last few posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Even if he doesn't want it there is a que of people a mile long who happily will. If you can't cope with having a child don't be a stupid whore?

because everyone who gets pregnant is a stupid whore?

ReputationRep:
    When did this guy show a history if instability and abusive psychotic behaviour? If anyone was instable, it was her.

yeah cause tying someone up to stop them leaving you is totally normal

*goes to check bfs ropes are tight enough*

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    They are unacceptable. They are also understandable when put into context. The abortion was far more unacceptable than the breaking and entering.
    Society would disagree with you there. That is why abortion is legal and breaking and entering someone else's property isn't. Much as you'd like to repeat "morals and laws are not the same thing" like a wind-up parrot, laws very much reflect what society finds to be moral and immoral.

(Original post by BSLforever)
    You think tying someone to a piece of furniture so they're unable to leave you is the hallmark of a stable, sane boyfriend?

Good grief.

ReputationRep:
    So what is your moral argument for breaking into someone's flat, trashing their possessions, and making them fear for their safety? :rofl:

Presumably an action is only moral if it brings greater good than harm.

What good things resulted from his actions?
    You have started off with a nice big problem of definition. You have defined a moral action as something that brings greater good than harm. This certainly is not always true. Actions may have no benefit whatsoever but be morally correct. Some actions may have more harm than good, such as menial punishments and prosecution for things such as trespassing, but still be morally correct.

My argument is not on the foundation that breaking and entering is morally correct. It rests on the idea that his rage was justified by her previous actions.

ReputationRep:
    Well then you have certainly changed your tune in the last few posts.
    lol wut? no i havnt

ReputationRep:
    Society would disagree with you there. That is why abortion is legal and breaking and entering someone else's property isn't. Much as you'd like to repeat "morals and laws are not the same thing" like a wind-up parrot, laws very much reflect what society finds to be moral and immoral.
    There is so much wrong with that. Popular opinion does not dictate what is right or wrong. If you want to just follow society and adopt every moral thats forced down your throat, you will just become a shapeless puppet of society, moulded to be what is "socially acceptable", whatever that might mean.

I have my own morals. They are not derived from the law. That does not mean i am a criminal, it just means that i have my own moral code.

You think tying someone to a piece of furniture so they're unable to leave you is the hallmark of a stable, sane boyfriend?

Good grief.
    You truly are ridiculous. A "history" of abuse you say? This only happened once. That is hardly a "history".

Secondly, this "history" was provoked by serious mitigating circumstances, namely the abortion of his child.

Thirdly, this "history" took place as a result of the abortion. You said that you wouldnt hand over a kid to this person. This "history" would have never existed if the abortion hadn't have taken place.

Good grief indeed.

ReputationRep:
    didnt he tie her up to stop her leaving BEFORE she was even pregnant?

ReputationRep:
    because everyone who gets pregnant is a stupid whore?
    Everyone who gets into a relationship knowing full well that their other half has fundamentally different beliefs on such a topic, but continues to have sex with them for their own pleasure is a stupid whore who puts her own need to have sex above the life of her offspring. Sex is not like breathing, if you can't handle a child or having a child, then don't have sex.

ReputationRep:

You truly are ridiculous. A "history" of abuse you say? This only happened once. That is hardly a "history".

Secondly, this "history" was provoked by serious mitigating circumstances, namely the abortion of his child.

Thirdly, this "history" took place as a result of the abortion. You said that you wouldnt hand over a kid to this person. This "history" would have never existed if the abortion hadn't have taken place.

Good grief indeed.
    The tying-to-the-bed incident happened before the abortion, you dimwit. Can you not read? Or are you suggesting that he anticipated that she would one day get pregnant and have an abortion, so he took preparative action by tying her to a bed? :rofl:

He proved to her that he has no qualms falsely imprisoning her to prevent her from doing something he doesn't want her to do. So why would she have told him she was pregnant? She'd be bloody stupid to, if she cares about her safety at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Everyone who gets into a relationship knowing full well that their other half has fundamentally different beliefs on such a topic, but continues to have sex with them for their own pleasure is a stupid whore who puts her own need to have sex above the life of her offspring. Sex is not like breathing, if you can't handle a child or having a child, then don't have sex.

oh good pleased we cleared that up :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well what's done is done, you can't change it. Give it time, if he's a psychopath you'll probably have to call the police otherwise don't make contact.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.