Turn on thread page Beta

Had an abortion - boyfriend found out! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    you know what bslforever, it really has **** all to do with you what she does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    Didn't i say that it wasn't about her circumstances? How can i attack an anonymous person personally?

The choice is wrong under any circumstances, i don't care who made it.
    man you are so over emotional, i thought men were supposed to be logical and women emotional :rofl:

its wrong in YOUR opinion but its about time you realised that not everyone agrees with your opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophistress)
    You're (Bslforever) just coming across as really obnoxious at this point, to be honest. Obviously your view is coloured by the fact that you are anti-abortion. You're just going to have to face it that not everyone feels the same emotional response that you do. This young woman has made a perfectly legitimate decision that thousands of other women make.

Frankly this is an inappropriate soapbox for your views on abortion.
    Fine, i appreciate that what i have said may have been a little strong, but it is all true. I've seen what the effects of this choice could have been.

I don't require a soapbox, and ultimately i don't really care as nothing i say here has any influence with anyone. My opinions are there to be taken or to be ignored. I'm not going to start down the road of arguing that just because thousands of other women have done the same that it is a perfectly legitimate decision, because if i did, it wouldn't matter.

I'm done here. OP, if you are happy with what you have done and feel that you can live with the consequences, then like i said, thats fine. If you feel thats the right thing, then what does it matter.

I've said all i have to say on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    you know what bslforever, it really has **** all to do with you what she does
    It has **** all to do with anyone here what she does, and yet she posted.

I'm not over emotional.

Truth is not relative, neither is what's right and wrong.

ReputationRep:

I'm not over emotional.

you are over emotional, youve been emotional all over this topic

ReputationRep:
    you are over emotional, youve been emotional all over this topic
    There was a single emotional post detailing my experience. The rest was logical argument.

ReputationRep:
    There was a single emotional post detailing my experience. The rest was logical argument.

no it wasnt, you are judging it on your sister and her situation IE if she would have been aborted

thats what this whole thing is about and thats probably why you think like you do

a logical person would realise that its not good to bring a child into an abusive controlling relationship

Didn't i say that it wasn't about her circumstances? How can i attack an anonymous person personally?

The choice is wrong under any circumstances, i don't care who made it.
    You are so self righteous to the point were I pity you

Its obvious you’ve been so absorbed in your own self righteousness that you have become so arrogant and ignorant towards the beliefs of others and so determined your beliefs are correct and everyone should follow you – wait till you get out in the real world boy oh boy are you going to get a shock to the system. You may be able to get away with it over the internet but in the real world, where you have to speak to people face to face, you’re going to have to change your ways

Its actually quite a sad state of affairs because of how young you are – only 17.

ReputationRep:
    no it wasnt, you are judging it on your sister and her situation IE if she would have been aborted

thats what this whole thing is about and thats probably why you think like you do

a logical person would realise that its not good to bring a child into an abusive controlling relationship
    No thats not true. My views are the same now as before my family adopted my sister.

I also disagree with your point about bringing a child into an abusive relationship as this is obviously not always the case, but i refuse to re-enter this debate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You are so self righteous to the point were I pity you

Its obvious you’ve been so absorbed in your own self righteousness that you have become so arrogant and ignorant towards the beliefs of others and so determined your beliefs are correct and everyone should follow you – wait till you get out in the real world boy oh boy are you going to get a shock to the system. You may be able to get away with it over the internet but in the real world, where you have to speak to people face to face, you’re going to have to change your ways

Its actually quite a sad state of affairs because of how young you are – only 17.
    No worries OP. If you were here i wouldn't say it to your face, and then hide in my bedroom when you find out. From my bedroom i'll probably make a pathetic TSR post letting everyone know what is going on in my life.

ReputationRep:
    No thats not true. My views are the same now as before my family adopted my sister.

I also disagree with your point about bringing a child into an abusive relationship as this is obviously not always the case, but i refuse to re-enter this debate.

yes but it was the case in THIS situation (which lets face it this topic was about) there was abuse and controlling in OPs relationship

personal question, how long ago was your sister adopted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I fully accepted this too turn in to an anti-abortion debate and would just like to thank those who defended me such as Sophistress, tinkertinkerbell, pinkbullet (no surprise they’re all girls lol much appreciated)
    Just to say, it's not just girls who've been defending you, nor just guys who've been attacking you, though it seems to have tended more that way.

I can't see how a foetus would not be viable. Unless a woman is medically unfit to bear a child, the foetus is most certainly viable.
    Sorry, I meant viable on it's own, without being attached to the mother.

If you can live with that, if you can repeat what i wrote and smile then thats just fine. You are a right piece of work though, thats for sure.
    Because you're the person who defines what is or isn't right for everyone, and thus who's a 'right piece of work' and who isn't.

ReputationRep:
    yes but it was the case in THIS situation (which lets face it this topic was about) there was abuse and controlling in OPs relationship

personal question, how long ago was your sister adopted?
    As i said in the emotional post that you love to pick up on, my sister was born into an abusive relationship. Need i say more.

Its funny how you seem to think that you are in a position to ask personal questions. Nevertheless, it was a few years ago.

ReputationRep:

I'm not over emotional.

Truth? Since when is any morality true?

Based on a premise that your morals are somehow 'right'. If so, your aergument makes complete sense. If any other set of morals is also valid, your argument becomes a lot weaker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    Just to say, it's not just girls who've been defending you, nor just guys who've been attacking you, though it seems to have tended more that way.

Sorry, I meant viable on it's own, without being attached to the mother.

Because you're the person who defines what is or isn't right for everyone, and thus who's a 'right piece of work' and who isn't.
    Thats not the way the term viable is used. When talking about viable offspring, the qualification is the ability to produce a living organism.

And yes, i am that person. Without me, no-one would know who is a right piece of work and who isnt.

ReputationRep:
    As i said in the emotional post that you love to pick up on, my sister was born into an abusive relationship. Need i say more.

Its funny how you seem to think that you are in a position to ask personal questions. Nevertheless, it was a few years ago.

so a 'few years ago' while you were a child you had an opinion about abortion......of course you did :rolleyes:

and no you need not say more but you need to open your eyes and realise not every abusive situation is the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    Truth? Since when is any morality true?
    I never said it was. The word "neither" is separating Truth from Right and Wrong.

Based on a premise that your morals are somehow 'right'. If so, your aergument makes complete sense. If any other set of morals is also valid, your argument becomes a lot weaker.
    Welcome to the world of ethical debate.

ReputationRep:
    so a 'few years ago' while you were a child you had an opinion about abortion......of course you did :rolleyes:

and no you need not say more but you need to open your eyes and realise not every abusive situation is the same
    Of course i did. What, you think i played with a train set and played tag with my friends in the playground until i turned 16, put on my big boy suit and picked up a copy of the financial times?

And every abusive situation is founded upon the same basic principles. If no two abusive situations were the same, then psychiatrists and councillors would not be qualified to help any victim of an abusive relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Thats not the way the term viable is used. When talking about viable offspring, the qualification is the ability to produce a living organism.
    Depends on the context. In an abortion debate, it tends to mean viability outside the womb, as this is often used in the legal context that the time limit on abortion relates to when the foetus would be viable on it's own.

And yes, i am that person. Without me, no-one would know who is a right piece of work and who isnt.
    Self righteous tut tut :mfing:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.