Turn on thread page Beta

Had an abortion - boyfriend found out! watch

Announcements

(Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    and i keep forgetting im actually trying to have a debate with a child who hasnt lived properly yet
    Lol that’s what I keep reminding myself.
    TSR is probably the only way he can release all that teenage angst and sexual frustration – it’s the only way to explain his persistence.
    Like a dog, I’m sure if we ignore him he’ll die down.

ReputationRep:
    OP: In your first post you never stated in detail why you didn't tell your BF (I didn’t consult the ex as I knew he would force me to keep it) . I am just curious on why you felt you couldn't tell him. Was he ever violent before the abortion? From your original post you seemed sort of a *****. What I also don't get is "most of all our problems in the relationship stem from me" that. If you knew it why keep going back to over and over for 5 years. Sorry going off-track here. Without really a valid excuse I think you should have told him you were pregnant. But overall I think it was best you did have the abortion. It seems neither you or your ex could ever look after a child at this point in your life. Or in your case ever since you've said "I never plan to have a baby ever"

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this....

Even if they were still together she would not have kept the baby anyways so why does it matter? The Ex has no say in the situation at any point in the relationship. Sooooo why is everyone hating on the op...?

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    I'm not violent, abusive or a thug, but if I was a guy and my girlfriend aborted my baby without even telling me she was pregnant I'd go pretty ******* mental tbh.
    This.

I think having my child murdered without even being told beforehand would make me react in a similar manner. You should have told him, don't treat him like the villain in all this.

ReputationRep:
    i know he didnt say it, thats why i ASKED if thats what he would do, didnt you notice the ? at the end of my sentance?
    What does that have to do with it? All halbeth was suggesting was that OP told her boyfriend, nothing more, nothing less. OP shouldnt be forced to have the child, but that isn't the point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    What does that have to do with it? All halbeth was suggesting was that OP told her boyfriend, nothing more, nothing less. OP shouldnt be forced to have the child, but that isn't the point
    but she said he WOULD have forced her to have it

ReputationRep:
    but she said he WOULD have forced her to have it
    You mean this;

"I'm going to stand for a woman having the right to murder my child without even bloody telling me!"

Yeah, I think you misunderstood. Halbeth was saying that he would have been angry if she hadnt told him, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    You mean this;

"I'm going to stand for a woman having the right to murder my child without even bloody telling me!"

Yeah, I think you misunderstood. Halbeth was saying that he would have been angry if she hadnt told him, that's all.
    no im on about the OP, the OP said HER ex would have forced HER to keep the baby

ReputationRep:
    no im on about the OP, the OP said HER ex would have forced HER to keep the baby
    Get us a quote? I didnt see that

ReputationRep:
    There are different definitions apparently, I got this.
    Violence is the expression of physical force against self or other, compelling action against one's will on pain of being hurt. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence

At any rate in which way was he verbally abusive? He was shouting but that doesnt automatically mean abuse. As said before he was hurt, he was shouting at her that they could have made it work.
    No, she said he was shouting profanities.

Anyway, my definition wins since it's the official one (wikipedia? come off it). By definition he was being violent and abusive.

ReputationRep:
    Get us a quote? I didnt see that

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I know what he is like and he would’ve forced me to keep it which is a no-no for me.

^^^ didnt read the first post eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chantelle38)
    at wich point did i say they should? stop trying to twist my pont to suit what you want it to say, the point of the matter is, if you read before that point was made was that choosing to have or not to have a child effects more than the mother.
    Then your point is wrong.

Choosing to have a child affects other people. Choosing not to have a child affects only yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    And you don't have a baby every time you get pregnant.
    unless you have a miscarraige (which is involuntary) or you kill it via abortion

[/QUOTE]I could just as easily say if you don't want an abortion, stop yourself from making a foetus. When you have sex, you should be aware of the consequences, which for a guy include both the possibility of the girl getting pregnant and having a baby and the possibility of the girl getting pregnant and having an abortion. They're both just as plausible consequences as each other.[/QUOTE]

youre just repeating what im saying. you cant have an abortion if you dont get pregnant, and youre highly unlikely to get pregnant if you take proper precautions. if you want to avoid all these decisions, prevent a baby, then no one gets hurt.
    furthermore, contracetion isnt just a guys responsibility, i take precautions aswell, as a consequence for a girl is getting pregnant and having a baby.
    i have already discussed with my boyfriend what would happen if i was to get preganant, maybe this is something the OP should have considered doing, and if they disagreed, then they shouldnt have been having a sexual or possibly unprotected sexual relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Then your point is wrong.

Choosing to have a child affects other people. Choosing not to have a child affects only yourself.
    no it isnt, clearly the OPs choice not to have the child affected the father!!!

This is a thread in H&R. This is not a debate or a D&D thread. Thread locked.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.