Turn on thread page Beta

Best Spot Treatment? watch

    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Any recommendations?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Steaming your face is quite good, unblocks your pores. Once you've done that and washed your face with cold water, apply some antiseptic cream from Boots (comes in a blue tube).
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    aloe vera!
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    it's expensive, but my sister told me about this:

    http://www.boots.com/en/Zeno-Acne-Cl...-Device_53385/

    you zap your spot a few times, not quite sure how it works, but she had a spot and it was made significantly less noticable after only 24 hours

    (sounds like an advert =/ )

    edit: http://www.myzenoeurope.com/zeno.php some more info
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Seriously, forget all the treatments you can get at Tesco - go straight to your doctors.

    I am currently on doxycycliene tablets, which stops me getting 99% of spots, as well as isotrex gel. The gel is for the remaining 1%, which makes them go down in 2-4 days as opposed to a week.
    Prior to that, I was on oxytetracycliene and some sort of topical cream, but I became immune to those and they stopped working.
    Depending how bad your spots are, you might be put on Accutane or Roaccutane, which is powerful stuff with a lot of side effects, but it clears up your skin rapidly.
    Offline

    11
    Toothpaste, leave it on overnight.
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    It's different for different people.

    Lot's of water helps me, also toothpaste overnight.

    That's the best way without getting creams, etc.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinsula)
    Seriously, forget all the treatments you can get at Tesco - go straight to your doctors.

    I am currently on doxycycliene tablets, which stops me getting 99% of spots, as well as isotrex gel. The gel is for the remaining 1%, which makes them go down in 2-4 days as opposed to a week.
    Prior to that, I was on oxytetracycliene and some sort of topical cream, but I became immune to those and they stopped working.
    Depending how bad your spots are, you might be put on Accutane or Roaccutane, which is powerful stuff with a lot of side effects, but it clears up your skin rapidly.
    ^^ This. Going to the doctors is by far the best choice; the medication works reeeaally well plus its all free.
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    I recommend bio oil. You can buy it from Boots. If you eat healthily, and apply the oil at night, you will notice your spots begin to disappear and it also clears up scars that spots leave. BUT, it takes time to work so be patient.
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    I've heard good things about Freederm :] it's cheapest on Amazon
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinsula)
    I was on oxytetracycliene and some sort of topical cream, but I became immune to those and they stopped working.
    Depending how bad your spots are, you might be put on Accutane or Roaccutane, which is powerful stuff with a lot of side effects, but it clears up your skin rapidly.
    same lol!
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinsula)
    Seriously, forget all the treatments you can get at Tesco - go straight to your doctors.

    I am currently on doxycycliene tablets, which stops me getting 99% of spots, as well as isotrex gel. The gel is for the remaining 1%, which makes them go down in 2-4 days as opposed to a week.
    Prior to that, I was on oxytetracycliene and some sort of topical cream, but I became immune to those and they stopped working.
    Depending how bad your spots are, you might be put on Accutane or Roaccutane, which is powerful stuff with a lot of side effects, but it clears up your skin rapidly.
    Isn't the Isotrex and Roaccutane the same thing, or is one a gel and one a tablet?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    mate just take roaccutane, only thing that does what is says on the tin (ok box).- honestly all the other stuff sucks and is a waste of time/effort/money

    Steam room lol- perhaps temporary improvement yes, but i'm sure people would have cottoned onto this lol. Take roaccutane you can feel it's a powerfull/wonderfull drug when you start taking it; you feel pretty terrible for first week or two.
    Offline

    12
    ReputationRep:
    Aknicare!!!

    www.skinmed.com

    Reccomended to me by Leicester Hospital, and worked
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    At the moment I use baby wipes to dry them out. I also use TCP.
    Offline

    11
    ReputationRep:
    it depends how bad you have it, and a number of other factors.

    for some people, simply eating less chocolate will clear it up 100%. for others, roaccutane is the ONLY thing that effects it in any way.


    and o yeah, if its anything beyond occasional, and small amounts of acne, go straight to the doc. no point in wasting time/money on anything you can easily buy.


    and finally, isolated examples people tell you are practically worthless too. hence, unless this thread gets 50+ responses, you can't gain any single useful treatment advice from it.
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by light10)
    Any recommendations?
    I've been using Oxy. It seems to be doing the job.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennh)
    Isn't the Isotrex and Roaccutane the same thing, or is one a gel and one a tablet?
    It was a gel form of Roaccutane
    Offline

    10
    ReputationRep:
    i agreee go to the docz i cant remeber the pills i took but i had duac cream they wourked well!
    • PS Helper
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I use Benzoyl peroxide 2.5%. I use the brand panoxy gel. Works wonders for me, cleared me up completely very fast and I was really bad. Only problem is it dries your skin out a bit at first, but that soon went.
 
 
 
Reply
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2012
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.