Turn on thread page Beta

Official thread FP1, 1st Febraury 2010 watch

• View Poll Results: How do you rate this paper (on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best)?
    7.25%
    1.45%
    0%
    1.45%
    2.90%
    1.45%
    8.70%
    8.70%
    21.74%
    46.38%

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the FP1 exam yesterday? I found it pretty reasonble.
    If anyone has an unofficial mark schemes or the paper, please post it.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was ok. They kindly didn't ask questions on the bits I can't do!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    can anyone post the paper? i would like to know what was asked, though i have already done it!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    I thought it was ok. They kindly didn't ask questions on the bits I can't do!
    how can you get an offer from cambridge but a rejection from nottingham?? isnt that totally insane??

ReputationRep:
    Made an hilariously stupid mistake on one of the easiest questions.

But it was a very easy paper (no question worth more than 5 marks) and the UMS will be high for an A grade

ReputationRep:
    The paper was awesome - I think I may have got 100. I can only remember some questions though, so a paper would be helpful!

ReputationRep:
    The paper was awesome - I think I may have got 100. I can only remember some questions though, so a paper would be helpful!

ReputationRep:
    After the nightmare that was M2, this paper was an absolute godsend, im really confident about 95%+ for this one!

ReputationRep:
    how many marks would i lose for missing dialogue on the two induction questions?, could someone go through it by marks, also could you tell me how many marks id lose for not showing it is true for n=2 U2 = whatever.

ReputationRep:
    how did you guys do the question which you had to find points A and B given that their tangents met at poit (15c, -c ) (I think). I believe it was 7b.

I couldn't do it and it was 5 marks . Gutted, as I really tried hard revising for it. The hours I spent learning induction...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEALB10N)
    how did you guys do the question which you had to find points A and B given that their tangents met at poit (15c, -c ) (I think). I believe it was 7b.

I couldn't do it and it was 5 marks . Gutted, as I really tried hard revising for it. The hours I spent learning induction...
    I think they met at (5c, c/5) or something like that. You had to find t which was -5 or 3 and then put it into initial x and y...

Can somebody post the paper as I remember most of my answers and want to see how I did

ReputationRep:
    Overall, I think the June 2009 paper was easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kosy91)
    how can you get an offer from cambridge but a rejection from nottingham?? isnt that totally insane??
    Why would that be insane??

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys get for the matrix question, where we had to find p and q... p=7 and q=1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x10)
    what did you guys get for the matrix question, where we had to find p and q... p=7 and q=1
    I think that's what I got too. But I need to see the paper really...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Zacula)
    Why would that be insane??
    a student good enough for cambridge should obviously be good enough for nottingham....imo

ReputationRep:

What stuff did your write for the explanation of induction, how many marks is that usually on the markscheme, also for the reccurrent relation do you have to prove u1 = u1 aswell as u(1+1) = U2 as a basis step? I didnt do the U2

ReputationRep:

well x= 15c and -c = y, and you just plug these values into the equation. You can then cancel out the cs, and you get a qudratic with the ts. I solved, and got two values for t.

And it said that a general point P on the curve is: P(ct , c/t)

So you just plug the value of t into this and you get two points. Thats what I done and I got it to be:

A: (3c , c/3)
    B: (-5c , -c/5)

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a very easy paper, finished 30/40 minutes early with no problems on any questions. Far better than M2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kosy91)
    For my course (veterinary) they're looking for totally different things. Cambridge has a very scientifically orientated course, and Nottingham's is more hands on from the start. I guess they didn't think it would suit me so well (and I agree). I also don't have as much work experience as a lot of Nottingham applicants

To keep this on topic, I liked this exam! Any chance of an unofficial mark scheme?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 8, 2010

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.