Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Official thread FP1, 1st Febraury 2010 watch

• View Poll Results: How do you rate this paper (on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best)?
    7.25%
    1.45%
    0%
    1.45%
    2.90%
    1.45%
    8.70%
    8.70%
    21.74%
    46.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeineHeldenMehr)
    44/3

hi-five!

:five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Erm, I'm currently doing, M1,S1 retake. C4 and S2. I've done, C1-3, D1. confusing lol. Are you doing AS?
    Oh ok.
    Yep, I've done C1, C1, M1 and now FP1. I'll be doing C3, C4, M2, S1, D1 in the summer to get A level maths and AS FM.

ReputationRep:
    Erm the proof by induction questions, I wrote

Therefore n= k+1 from the assumption that n=k is true, also true for n=1. Therefore by induction the statement is true for all positive integers, n.

At the end. Is that correct? What's some people saying about U2...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burnsy91)
    I think they met at (5c, c/5) or something like that. You had to find t which was -5 or 3 and then put it into initial x and y...

Can somebody post the paper as I remember most of my answers and want to see how I did
    Woo yeah that's what I got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    Oh ok.
    Yep, I've done C1, C1, M1 and now FP1. I'll be doing C3, C4, M2, S1, D1 in the summer to get A level maths and AS FM.

O wow. So what did you do last year? I would recommend anyone to do FP1 during A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    O wow. So what did you do last year? I would recommend anyone to do FP1 during A2.
    I meant C1 and C2, oops. Yeah, I did AS Maths last year. Finishing that off for A2 this year, and then doing AS FM as well.

For induction I always write
    "If it is true for n = k then it is shown to be true for n = k + 1. as it is true for n = 1, then it is also true for all n e Z+ n>1"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    I meant C1 and C2, oops. Yeah, I did AS Maths last year. Finishing that off for A2 this year, and then doing AS FM as well.

For induction I always write
    "If it is true for n = k then it is shown to be true for n = k + 1. as it is true for n = 1, then it is also true for all n e Z+ n>1"

Cool.

:five:

Think it's similar to what I wrote. I needed more paper for the second induction question as I wrote question wrong for the first part.

I think it was ok. But looking at the poll, the grade bounds are going to be HIGH!

ReputationRep:
    how did people solve the matrix questions where u had to find p and q...did you do simultaneous equations or find the inverse matrix...i went with the equations myself...seemed to make sense to use it...anyone?

ReputationRep:
    For the summation of series question, did people get like 92080 or something similar to that? I can't remember the exact number though...
    and for the last matrix question, did people get C as (4(sq)2 , 3(sq)2) or something along those lines?

cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wha'sHisFace)
    how did people solve the matrix questions where u had to find p and q...did you do simultaneous equations or find the inverse matrix...i went with the equations myself...seemed to make sense to use it...anyone?

I just remember the numbers 1 or -1 and 7.

ReputationRep:
    ^i think i got p=7?
    cant remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2710)
    well x= 15c and -c = y, and you just plug these values into the equation. You can then cancel out the cs, and you get a qudratic with the ts. I solved, and got two values for t.

And it said that a general point P on the curve is: P(ct , c/t)

So you just plug the value of t into this and you get two points. Thats what I done and I got it to be:

A: (3c , c/3)
    B: (-5c , -c/5)
    I got that too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)
    For the summation of series question, did people get like 92080 or something similar to that? I can't remember the exact number though...
    and for the last matrix question, did people get C as (4(sq)2 , 3(sq)2) or something along those lines?

cheers

what was n? it was 15 and something else...

0.5n(n+2)(n^2+7)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)

0.5n(n+2)(n^2+7)
    15 and the other value was 10 i think, but you obviously had to use 9 because 10 was included.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)
    15 and the other value was 10 i think, but you obviously had to use 9 because 10 was included.

:confused: No I remember using 14. There was a larger number... Was it 25?

ReputationRep:
    Alot of people found it easy, so the boundaries might be high.

Does anyone know if they can raise, say, the 'A' Grade boundary, above 80% btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)

0.5n(n+2)(n^2+7)
    it was 25 and 14 wasn't it...cuz it was r=15 to 25...so u use 25 and 14...and im pretty sure it was....0.25(n)(n+2)(n^2 + 7)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Yeah it was definitely 14! I remember now. :p:
    So what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)

cheers
    Yeh, I think if ire emmber correctly, 95282, or something like that.

ALso, for that matrix one, I remember that the answer was the same as the B matrix, but the other way round and one was a -ve. So yeh

(-4(sq)2 , 3(sq)2)

I can't remember properly though

Did people get root 50 for the length OA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    i remember using 14 and 25 too

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.