Turn on thread page Beta

Official thread FP1, 1st Febraury 2010 watch

• View Poll Results: How do you rate this paper (on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best)?
    7.25%
    1.45%
    0%
    1.45%
    2.90%
    1.45%
    8.70%
    8.70%
    21.74%
    46.38%

ReputationRep:
    yh root 50...so 5 root 2 cuz it sed simply i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wha'sHisFace)
    yh root 50...so 5 root 2 cuz it sed simply i think
    Yeh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2710)
    So yeh

(-4(sq)2 , 3(sq)2)

Did people get root 50 for the length OA?
    Yeah I agree with both of those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)
    Yeah it was definitely 14! I remember now. :p:
    So what did you get?

(Original post by 2710)
    Yeh, I think if ire emmber correctly, 95282, or something like that.

ALso, for that matrix one, I remember that the answer was the same as the B matrix, but the other way round and one was a -ve. So yeh

(-4(sq)2 , 3(sq)2)

I can't remember properly though

Did people get root 50 for the length OA?

Yeah 5 root 2 I remember...

And yep. I got 95282 I think.

I think it was 0.25n(n+2)(n^2+7)

I think I did something stupid actually and got 83914. I did 0.25n(n+2)(n^2+7) - 0.5n(n+2)(n^2+7)

:doh:

ReputationRep:
    We need to see a paper guys, please!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's off topic, but any C3 people think the grade bounds going to be lower as it was a bit harder?

ReputationRep:
    i kno i asked this already but incase people thought i was just aftetr the answer...how did you all do the matrix question where you had to find p and q i kno the answer was 7 an 1 but how did you do it....did you find the inverse matrix or jus use simultaneous equations and solve it???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rough Inclined Plane)
    Alot of people found it easy, so the boundaries might be high.

Does anyone know if they can raise, say, the 'A' Grade boundary, above 80% btw
    It will always be 80 UMS for an A. However, they can essentially do whatever they like to the raw => UMS conversion.

ReputationRep:
    i kno i asked this already but incase people thought i was just aftetr the answer...how did you all do the matrix question where you had to find p and q i kno the answer was 7 an 1 but how did you do it....did you find the inverse matrix or jus use simultaneous equations and solve it???
    I did inverse

But I imagine either would have worked.

ReputationRep:
    bloody hell, i leave for an hour, and now the thread comes to life!

ReputationRep:

I definitely didn't use similtaneous equations... I think I just mulitplied matrices A and B together to get C... Or inverse with something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banburyhammer)
    After the nightmare that was M2, this paper was an absolute godsend, im really confident about 95%+ for this one!
    I totally agree! M2 was awful! Do you think the grade boundaries will be low? I was really disappointed with the paper, I really didn't enjoy doing it. Most of the questions weren't like the normal questions they ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 19becky91)
    I totally agree! M2 was awful! Do you think the grade boundaries will be low? I was really disappointed with the paper, I really didn't enjoy doing it. Most of the questions weren't like the normal questions they ask!
    I hope theyre low i need M2 (and M3 to some extent) to offset S2 (and maybe FP2). God I hate statistics. I think it should be around 55 for 80 UMS, hopefully lower. Saying that, i dont think i lost 15 marks as i reckeon i got hold of every method mark going. But it was a funky paper. Cheap marks at the start, then descending into madness.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for 100 in this one. Everyone has the exact answers I had and I don't think I got anything wrong. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    I did inverse

But I imagine either would have worked.

if i got the right answers for p and q...surely i would get all the marks regardless of my method...rite??

ReputationRep:
    if i got the right answers for p and q...surely i would get all the marks regardless of my method...rite??

Erm I don't think so. Sorry lol. My FM teacher is the examinar of examinars lol... She's like you cant get M0A1...

(Original post by Narik)
    I'm hoping for 100 in this one. Everyone has the exact answers I had and I don't think I got anything wrong. :woo:
    Well done Narik. :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, as long as your method was mathematically sound (didn't make anything random up that isn't true) you'd get the marks.

ReputationRep:
    I remember using simultaneous equations, like I think you did, and you'd get all the marks for that method. If it's right that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Erm I don't think so. Sorry lol. My FM teacher is the examinar of examinars lol... She's like you cant get M0A1...

Well done Narik. :thumbsup:
    so u saying my method was wrong?? or what? lol

ReputationRep:
    There was a couple of weird papers this Jan, apparently C2 was horrible. C3 was slightly weird and now M2... Edexcel paper writers need to get their act together lol...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 8, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.