Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official thread FP1, 1st Febraury 2010 watch

• View Poll Results: How do you rate this paper (on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best)?
    7.25%
    1.45%
    0%
    1.45%
    2.90%
    1.45%
    8.70%
    8.70%
    21.74%
    46.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wha'sHisFace)
    so u saying my method was wrong?? or what? lol

Lol. Well as ClaireW2708 said if it's mathematically sound... I've forgotten the similtaneous method, but I'm 80 percent sure you'll get. But if you just put the right answers after fiddling about with it, I doubt you'd get the M1...

DW.:p:

I'm confusing myself. I finished this mod in December, exam should've been earliar, I had trouble remember half the stuff.

ReputationRep:
    For question 1, I think the numbers were Z1=2+8i, Z2=1-1i. The questions were:

Simplify Z1/Z2.

Find mod (Z1/Z2)

And find arg (Z1/Z2)

Anyone agree with this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wha'sHisFace)
    so u saying my method was wrong?? or what? lol
    If you got the correct answer which I'm assuming you did, then regardless of the way in which you chose to work it out, you'll get the marks.

Personally, i used the inverse method because it was most apparent at the time! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastercard)

Simplify Z1/Z2.

Find mod (Z1/Z2)

And find arg (Z1/Z2)

Anyone agree with this?
    i definitely agree with z2, i'm having trouble remembering Z1, it seems correct to me....

ReputationRep:

Simplify Z1/Z2.

Find mod (Z1/Z2)

And find arg (Z1/Z2)

Anyone agree with this?
    Pretty sure that was it. For the trapezium question i checked then double checked because i was expecting a whole number solution. glad to hear other people gor 44/3 as well.

ReputationRep:

Simplify Z1/Z2.

Find mod (Z1/Z2)

And find arg (Z1/Z2)

Anyone agree with this?
    Yep. Thats what they were...
    Lol. So was it z1/z2 = -3 +5i....arg(z1/z2) = tan^-1(5/-3) + pi...?

ReputationRep:
    thats what i remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Yep. Thats what they were...
    Lol. So was it z1?z2 = -3 +5i....arg(z1/z2) = tan^-1(5/-3) + pi...?
    Yeah. I think the answers were Z1/Z2 = -3+5i.

Mod Z1/Z2 = sqrt 34

arg Z1/Z2 = 2.11

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I think the answers were Z1/Z2 = -3+5i.

Mod Z1/Z2 = sqrt 34

arg Z1/Z2 = 2.11

:danceboy:

Yup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    There was a couple of weird papers this Jan, apparently C2 was horrible. C3 was slightly weird and now M2... Edexcel paper writers need to get their act together lol...
    C2 was indeed ridiculous. I mean I managed to get the answers right, but the way I worked them out was silly and I think I might have lost about 5 marks. However, if everyone did crap, then maybe my 70/75 or so might turn out to be pretty good.

I was hoping for 100 though!

ReputationRep:
    :tumble:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)
    C2 was indeed ridiculous. I mean I managed to get the answers right, but the way I worked them out was silly and I think I might have lost about 5 marks. However, if everyone did crap, then maybe my 70/75 or so might turn out to be pretty good.

Know how you feel. It's good to aim for the 100... I saw some list thing once... Sometimes you can still get 100 even after losing 2/3 marks ... But those are harder exams...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Know how you feel. It's good to aim for the 100... I saw some list thing once... Sometimes you can still get 100 even after losing 2/3 marks ... But those are harder exams...
    Actually it's supposedt to be easier to get 100 in easier exams. For example, it's harder to get 100 in FP3 because the people who are going to be sitting that exam in the first place must be good at maths, so the UMS boundaries will be higher. However, for exams such as C1 and C2, a lot of people will be sitting it and they, to say in the nicest way possible, may not be that good at maths, which means that it is easier to score high. So I might get 100 but I highly highly doubt it because I made some silllllly mistakes, which I'm annoyed about since I was so confident about getting 100 in this paper! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)
    Actually it's supposedt to be easier to get 100 in easier exams. For example, it's harder to get 100 in FP3 because the people who are going to be sitting that exam in the first place must be good at maths, so the UMS boundaries will be higher. However, for exams such as C1 and C2, a lot of people will be sitting it and they, to say in the nicest way possible, may not be that good at maths, which means that it is easier to score high. So I might get 100 but I highly highly doubt it because I made some silllllly mistakes, which I'm annoyed about since I was so confident about getting 100 in this paper! :mad:

I totally get you. I cant talk like this in my college as people get upset and offended but it's not intended to be mean... Like some girls were saying I was ungrateful because I retook some mods I already had As in but I just wanted higher UMS marks... Like it's better to get 100 for C1/C2 than it is with M1,S1... Applied mods aren't my strongest areas...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)

I wouldnt worry. In my C2 paper last year I was pulling methods and reasoning out of my arse and i still got 100. I always do things a completely different way to most other people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kosy91)
    a student good enough for cambridge should obviously be good enough for nottingham....imo
    ********... This is just a myth Cambridge managed to create so as to be able to make more money.

A clever student, does not need to go to a "name". Clever students go to non Ox-Bridge unis!

ReputationRep:
    Fairly easy paper. Mucked up on the question asking you to find a and b in terms of c, and I also think I screwed up the perimeter question, my answer had a square-root in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacula)
    ********... This is just a myth Cambridge managed to create so as to be able to make more money.

A clever student, does not need to go to a "name". Clever students go to non Ox-Bridge unis!
    I take offence to this. I didn't apply to Cambridge for the "name", I applied for the world-class teaching. For the opportunity to study an intercalated degree, with any subject for your BA. For a course that suits me better than the others. And for entry requirements better set up for me - higher grades, less work experience. And because I applied to 4 of the 7 universities which do my course. Does this make me "non-clever?"
    Sorry, but its true.

I agree with the Q1 and answers

ReputationRep:
    What exam board is this

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.