Turn on thread page Beta

The Pope spreads a little more hate around the world watch

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8492597.stm

What a ****. There're so many things to say about paedophilia in the church with regards to this.

ReputationRep:
    I must admit, I can't stand the pope.

ReputationRep:
    I think he needs to get with the times!!. Of course the Catholic church is perfect isnt it..........<< sarcasm by the way. In case anyone thinks I am knocking the Catholics well I was baptised in the faith, long since lapsed though.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with him as long as muslim women are allowed to wear niqabs while driving and ban gay people.

One rule for some...I don't think so

Down with the piece of **** that is the unequal bill

ReputationRep:
    I thought Christianity is meant to be about spreading love and joy to thy fellow neighbour, not encouraging discrimination towards groups of people? At least he provides a topic of conversation

ReputationRep:
    Ew anyone else seen the 'Ugandan Child Sacrifices' link?

I really hate humans. And religion.

ReputationRep:
    I preferred the old Pope. Can't we get him back somehow?

ReputationRep:
    Tbf the Equalities Bill really is a piece of ****. The Pope is completely right to condemn it.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or does he just look pure evil... (just look at the pic on the bbc link...) Looks like theres evil in the dudes eyes. Damn.

ReputationRep:
    "Gay rights charity Stonewall condemned the Pope's comments, saying equality had to apply to everyone."

Did anyone else find that sentence amusing? So ******* simple...yet the Pope doesn't seem to get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    I thought Christianity is meant to be about spreading love and joy to thy fellow neighbour, not encouraging discrimination towards groups of people?
    Ah yes, the wonderful Catholic 'love'!

ReputationRep:
    It's just like when The Salvation Army threatened to close all its homeless shelters in New York, if the government didn't exempt them from this very same equality bill.

Scum of the earth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Byllie)
    I agree with him as long as muslim women are allowed to wear niqabs while driving and ban gay people.

One rule for some...I don't think so

Down with the piece of **** that is the unequal bill
    WTF. How do those thing even match. I mean am allowed to wear a balaclava while driving. Come with a better argument. FFS, even motorist wear helmets same ****. They let you see where your driving because the place wears the eyes is open.

ReputationRep:
    The pope is an abomination! His reactionary course has undone any kind of progress of the catholic church over the last couple of decades.

Some examples:

- efforts to speed up sanctification of pope Pius XII (the one who collaborated with the Nazis)
    - views on Aids and the use of prophylactics - one can argue that his influence on a very large number of people, especially in regions where religion plays a much more dominant role than (sex) education, makes him indirectly responsible for the deaths of millions
    - reinstatement of holocaust denier Richard Williamson
    - condoning the cover-up of cases of pedophilia in the Catholic Church
    - homophobia

The list goes on...
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    The Pope doesn't really have a leg to stand on TBH, we're not a Roman Catholic state. And even if we were, I think the gays probably outnumber religious zealots by now, so we're favouring the majority. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    I thought Christianity is meant to be about spreading love and joy to thy fellow neighbour, not encouraging discrimination towards groups of people? At least he provides a topic of conversation
    They say this but whether they do what they say us another thing. It's a bit like politics, just because they say it doesn't mean they follow through with it.

But I don't really give a toss what he thinks of it, he doesn't have a leg to stand on considering his church excommunicated that girl who was raped by her father, but kept the father in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EbonyG)
    "Gay rights charity Stonewall condemned the Pope's comments, saying equality had to apply to everyone."

Did anyone else find that sentence amusing? So ******* simple...yet the Pope doesn't seem to get it.
    Does that mean gay people have to give equal sex to men and women?

Or does equality apply to everyone except gay people?

Or is discrimination a part of someone's private life which should not be the subject of legislation?

Let's be honest - the Pope is an idiot but he is right about this.

ReputationRep:
    I see the stupid people are out in droves today.

I completely agree with the Pope. "Equality" - in reality, blunt-instrument social authoritarianism which reduces the dignity of everyone - is a nonsense. This Bill is crap and everyone should condemn it outright.

As for my views on homosexuality in the church, I differ from the Roman Catholic line on this. I don't think having sex, or being attracted to men, is a sin per se. I understand what they are trying to do - to make a point that human relationships should not be put before one's faith - but I don't believe it's quite so clear cut an issue.

Still, if Pope Benedict believes that God condemns such things, then it is entirely correct that he follows his conscience in these matters. Since the Catholic policy harms no-one, it would be perverse for a government to suggest harming the Catholic Church over that same policy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I see the stupid people are out in droves today.

I completely agree with the Pope. "Equality" - in reality, blunt-instrument social authoritarianism which reduces the dignity of everyone - is a nonsense. This Bill is crap and everyone should condemn it outright.

As for my views on homosexuality in the church, I differ from the Roman Catholic line on this. I don't think having sex, or being attracted to men, is a sin per se. I understand what they are trying to do - to make a point that human relationships should not be put before one's faith - but I don't believe it's quite so clear cut an issue.

Still, if Pope Benedict believes that God condemns such things, then it is entirely correct that he follows his conscience in these matters. Since the Catholic policy harms no-one, it would be perverse for a government to suggest harming the Catholic Church over that same policy.
    I see where you're coming from, but, there are thousands of charities under the guise of Catholicism which this will also affect. It's not just employment of clergy etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    Ew anyone else seen the 'Ugandan Child Sacrifices' link?

I really hate humans. And religion.
    I know right? And your statement should be overgeneralizing - but it really isn't. I genuinely go through periods where I hate both those things with a passion. The gullibility of the human race, and the way religion sheeple-izes them...is just depressing.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.