Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

:( Don't know what to do...? Watch

Anon or delete please, he sometimes used TSR and mainy of his friends...

Long story short: Boyfriend of two years, totally in love with one another, went through a rough patch, decided to go on a break, I then kissed another guy (yes stupid I know, but i was really upset) I then told my boyfriend about this and he said i'd ruined everything between us...
    Its been two months now, i just can't seem to get over him, i've tried seeing other people, spending lots more time with friends, generally keeping myself busy... but i just can't seem to move on.
    He was my first love, do you ever get over them?
    I think about him all the time, dream about him when i sleep, and when i see him i just want to blurt out how i really feel, i don't know what to do..

Should i tell him how i feel? or just forget about it?

I'm very confused, thanks TSR

ReputationRep:
    open up to him its the only way... something aint right if your not moving on by now!... sit him down and talk to him!!

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please, he sometimes used TSR and mainy of his friends...

Long story short: Boyfriend of two years, totally in love with one another, went through a rough patch, decided to go on a break, I then kissed another guy (yes stupid I know, but i was really upset) I then told my boyfriend about this and he said i'd ruined everything between us...
    Its been two months now, i just can't seem to get over him, i've tried seeing other people, spending lots more time with friends, generally keeping myself busy... but i just can't seem to move on.
    He was my first love, do you ever get over them?
    I think about him all the time, dream about him when i sleep, and when i see him i just want to blurt out how i really feel, i don't know what to do..

Should i tell him how i feel? or just forget about it?

I'm very confused, thanks TSR

JUST MAKE SURE YOU DONT DO IT AGAIN .

ReputationRep:
    I think you should talk to him
    personally I think he overreacted (obviously depends on the context)

ReputationRep:
    We were on a break!!!!!!!!!

I think you should tell him how you feel but if he is still not interested then just leave it. You will get over him eventually though it might take a long time. If you're anything like me you will need to know that you did everything you could before you let someone go. Try and get him back. But don't hurt yourself in the process. Be strong

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, my second love is better than my first was. :love:

Thanks ever so much guys, i feel slightly better about the situation. I think im going to talk to him about it, see how he feels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennikay)
    Yeah, my second love is better than my first was. :love:
    Same *big stupid grin*

ReputationRep:
    im going through the same situation as u. infact, i didnt just kissed another guy, i did something worst. thing is we weren't on a break, we broke up 2 days before that, got back together after a month, told him and he blamed me for ruining everything. im still not over him but i decided i have to be strong about this or ruin my future as i went through a really bad time after the breakup. just be strong and dont think about tha person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RahRah09)
    Same *big stupid grin*

Same!
    You always think the first is the best but because it IS the first, you dont realise how it can be with other people, when your more mature, have more experience, know what mistakes not to make and how to treat them.
    I thought my first boyfriend was amazing but because I was so devoted and stuff I didn't realise how unhappy I really was even though i thought it was perfect, but now I'm with number 2 and I looking back can't believe I thought the other one was even slightly good or me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennn*)
    Same!
    You always think the first is the best but because it IS the first, you dont realise how it can be with other people, when your more mature, have more experience, know what mistakes not to make and how to treat them.
    I thought my first boyfriend was amazing but because I was so devoted and stuff I didn't realise how unhappy I really was even though i thought it was perfect, but now I'm with number 2 and I looking back can't believe I thought the other one was even slightly good or me..
    :five: this exactly. Don't know why everyone makes such a fuss about your first love tbh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweetxsymphony)
    We were on a break!!!!!!!!!

I think you should tell him how you feel but if he is still not interested then just leave it. You will get over him eventually though it might take a long time. If you're anything like me you will need to know that you did everything you could before you let someone go. Try and get him back. But don't hurt yourself in the process. Be strong
    Do you have to shout?

ReputationRep:
    ...You were on a break. Clearly the love you think is there isn't if you a)went through a rough patch and b) kissed another guy.
    Tell him how you feel though, otherwise you'll ask yourself "what if"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Do you have to shout?
    Oh I'm sorry, did my typed words hurt your ears?

ReputationRep:
    My first love lasted 2 years before she cheated on me. it took ages of being dragged out and when it was over it was more of a relief than anything. Without that long stretch (about 2 months) of time having the whole structure of the relationship fall appart in front of me, it would have been so much harder to move on from. I sort of know how you feel because a recent relationship ended suddenly and unexpectedly and its really difficult. I struggled to even talk to anyone but my close friends for weeks.
    I don't know, maybe it's different for guys, or maybe even just me, but what helped me get over it wasn't seeing others, it was finding something to drive me, to really push me.

You can get by, or you can take control and make life your own. It's much easier said than done, i can appreciate, but look for things which just inspire you. For me i went on a month long music hunt and read loads of philosophy. By the end of it my music collection went from about 900 to about 2300 songs. I've always loved philosophy so i got into it loads.
    Thats just me, you can find your own thing, it could be sport, reading, some other subject that you've never studied for example, looking into various religions, just out of interest... whatever it is.

Basically, (i've waffled on a bit too much) find what it is that drives you and take control of it. When you're ready to see people romantically you will, but there's no obligation to. Go at your own pace.

specific advice:
    -if you want to ask for him back, do it once and once only. dont EVER ask again.
    -talk to him, but if things don't go to plan, then afterwards take as much time as you can avoiding contact, you're trying to get rid of your feelings not have to suppress them.

My own life philosophy could provide a new way of looking at the world which may help:
    In everything bad there is good, in every problem there is an opportunity. It may not justify it, it may not be much consolation, but if you can find it and throw all you have into it, you will find peace and happiness in the most misery filled places.

Anyway, if anything I said here helped at all then it was worth it. I hope things turn out well for you, I mean that.
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    If you were on a break you weren't together...so in that respect you have done nothing that wrong. If I was him I would be upset but to say you have 'ruined everything' is drastically over the top. Relationships are a two way thing. Im sure the reason you split up in the first place was not entirely your fault, he must have made mistakes too.

Speak to him, if he loves you then he will want to make things work

Good luck! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweetxsymphony)
    Oh I'm sorry, did my typed words hurt your ears?
    yes :cry:

ReputationRep:
    How about not kissing other guys.

JUST HOW ABOUT IT?

(Original post by Areyoukidding?)
    How about not kissing other guys.

JUST HOW ABOUT IT?

I was very upset at the time, didn't know what i was doing, the other guy took advantage of this, although i let it happen...

ReputationRep:
    Yes you do get over your 1st love.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.