Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Drive save folks... don't do it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgo8Q...layer_embedded

ReputationRep:
    While I agree with you, I feel I should point out;

That video clip is filmed on the Autobahn, so its technically not 'street racing'.

ReputationRep:
    street racing doesnt kill, high speed car crashes kill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielNewton)
    While I agree with you, I feel I should point out;

That video clip is filmed on the Autobahn, so its technically not 'street racing'.
    yes, it is. they're driving competitively. racing isnt just speeding.

(Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers)

don't be cute. racing generally means high speeds and manouvers at high speeds. which comes with the obvious risk of crashing. which comes with the obvious risk of killing. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers)
    Low speed car crashes can kill as well. If your racing it implies you're taking more risk than you would be otherwise, it also implies you're above the speed limit. Unless your Ali G......

ReputationRep:
    So? bee stings can kill people,do you find us arresting bee keepers? Just saying theres more important things for authorities to worry about other then street racing which will outgrow people in a few years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    Low speed car crashes can kill as well. If your racing it implies you're taking more risk than you would be otherwise, it also implies you're above the speed limit. Unless your Ali G......
    being alive can kill.

lifes a dangerous game :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it was street racing. Just 2 dumb-asses trying to show off.

Btw, does anyone know any documentaries about street racing? I like F&F but I'd like to watch something real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vexper)
    So? bee stings can kill people,do you find us arresting bee keepers? Just saying theres more important things for authorities to worry about other then street racing which will outgrow people in a few years.
    This. It's a complete non-issue in this country.

ReputationRep:
    you cant control bees, you can not drive like a **** though.

it's not really a non issue in this contry, many drivers get caught out whilst driving like mugs, both young and old. it's not a ''proffessional' street racing kills'' video, it's a general 'dont drive like an idiot' one.. I hardly posted it to suggest that the police should clamp down on illegal street racing :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    01:56...wowza

ReputationRep:
    Do you understand just how retarded that statement makes you sound?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    I wouldn't say it was street racing. Just 2 dumb-asses trying to show off.

Btw, does anyone know any documentaries about street racing? I like F&F but I'd like to watch something real.

Check out the mischief 3000 series, and Vehicular Lunatics series, the Vice of Bad Folks is a good video as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texan88)
    Check out the mischief 3000 series, and Vehicular Lunatics series, the Vice of Bad Folks is a good video as well
    Thanks man.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't watch it all. That voice was just pissing me off and videos with no audio are unwatchable.

ReputationRep:
    The voice in the background makes me want to kill myself. Couldn't watch past the first 30 seconds.

ReputationRep:
    children will always be reckless, especially boys and increasingly girls.

The difference is 20 years ago your average teen child couldnt afford anything like a car and only the reasonably well off had scooters or upper middle classes got cars bought by rich "mummy and daddy".

So of course on BMX's etc, children could only really hurt themselves. Where as now they have a ton and a half of steel capable of 100mph (eventually in most cases) and usually with at least 4 seats so the capability to cause themselves harm is greatly magnified.

Plus 99% of children think they are to an extent invincible and 100% of boy racers thier ego far exceeds thier driving ability.

So no wonder theres accidents. Surprised theres not more deaths but in a round about way, thier immaturity saves them. As they can only afford **** cars at 17/18 then usually **** = slow so they cant really go up the country lanes so choose to impress thier mates and attempt to "trap" thier underage teen girlfriend in town centre car parks or council estate roads. Obviously less speed means less chance of fatalitys.

Note deliberate use of "child". Some of them boy racers may be over 18 but they are immature and acting like children therefore they dont deserve to be referred to as adults when they clearly cant act like them.

The solution? price young people out of driving. Harsh but effective. Plus think of increased health effect when lazy arsed students are forced to walk to uni!!

ReputationRep:
    problem being, you price boy racers out of insurance, than you have the problem of said boy racer being uninsured when he drives anyway and wrecks into a family focus..

ReputationRep:
    No sympathy for the little ***** that crashed there. Thank god they didn't take out any innocent road users. Also, what the **** is up with that ******* voice in the background? **** sake.

ReputationRep:
    Sad.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.