Turn on thread page Beta

Which Uni Can i get in? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have 6 GCSEs at C
    BTEC First Diploma in Business
    and i am currently doing a Audio Engineering Diploma Which is equal to 180 points i think . not sure if the other are worth anything.

I want to do economics or business or something in real estate. but i am wondering if i have limited myself or even canceled myself out of getting into uni on the subjects i want to do.

Right now i am wanting to be a stockBroker or working within a Record Label.

Thanks for any help !

ReputationRep:
    sorry to burst your bubble but you're not going to be a stock broker.

no offence intended
    stockbroking/IB is really competitive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rai)
    sorry to burst your bubble but you're not going to be a stock broker.

no offence intended
    stockbroking/IB is really competitive
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kscope)
    Hello, I have 6 GCSEs at C
    BTEC First Diploma in Business
    and i am currently doing a Audio Engineering Diploma Which is equal to 180 points i think . not sure if the other are worth anything.

I want to do economics or business or something in real estate. but i am wondering if i have limited myself or even canceled myself out of getting into uni on the subjects i want to do.

Right now i am wanting to be a stockBroker or working within a Record Label.

Thanks for any help !
    You most likely won't be able to do stock brocking but their are some small companies that might take you, same as record label only small small companies not sony.

ReputationRep:
    Go to TVU and study Music Tech?

ReputationRep:
    Well 180 points is a relatively small amount, so going to places such as Kingston, TVU, Southampton Solent (basically most of the ex poly's and the "new" universities) would be your best option. Just a general answer.

ReputationRep:
    Ok well thanks for the advice, been doing some research and yes it is a competitive job but i can see you have got it all wrong about the degrees.

yes a degree would help, i can get into uni and complete a degree then i would need to be able to show my skill as a stockbroker.

I have my own portfolio of stock and i would say for my level/age/exp i am doing well.

also i have contacted some stockbrokers and they tell me that i just need a VERY good portfolio and able to express and show my knowledge

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.