Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I want to be famous so badly! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone feel this way? I feel like it is the only thing truly worth working towards. That you have not reached the pinnacle of success if you aren't famous. Obviously there are various ways of getting there, and nowadays it doesn't take much to catapult a person to fame... but the fame I want and which I daydream about is to be famous for something I am proud of and worked hard to achieve.... sort of like Lady Gaga whom I practically worship. I wish I had the presence of mind and the desire at such a young age to pursue success & fame.... because I believe that given enough time and effort you can achieve everything. Now I am in my 20's I feel like it's a bit too late, and fame is not so fun when you are old as when you are young.

ReputationRep:
    No, but good luck to you.

If all else fails sleep with a footballer and sell your story to Max Clifford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    No, but good luck to you.

If all else fails sleep with a footballer and sell your story to Max Clifford.
    I want to be famous for my own merits! It really sucks that the only ways to become famous on such a large scale is to either be a movie/tv star, or a singer. They don't really contribute much to society (these celebrities) in the way writers and scientists do... but they're the ones that get all the attention.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think fame is the pinnacle of success? Hitler is pretty famous.

ReputationRep:
    You want to become famous, how? Through writing?

If you are in your 20's it's not too late at all.

The actor Charles Bronson didn't star in his film film until he was in his late 20's or early 30's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chica_chica)
    You want to become famous, how? Through writing?

If you are in your 20's it's not too late at all.

The actor Charles Bronson didn't star in his film film until he was in his late 20's or early 30's.
    Yeah... I shouldn't be so pessimistic. There is no turning back and no do-overs in life. I just have to get on with it, as they say. It's never too late.

Well the problem is I'm not 100% sure what I want to do yet! I still haven't found the one thing I am super passionate about. It's depressing...

I just feel like success and fame go hand in hand and I read a quote once that really hit me when I read it, which was "Success earned in your early 20's is worth so much more than success later in life." That's when you are at the peak of your youth ... it's not the same when you're 30 or 40.

ReputationRep:
    Lady Gaga is famous for her insane dress sense and baggy vagina-****.

ReputationRep:
    Do you really want to be famous? A lot of celebrities would revert back to normality if they could.

ReputationRep:
    Sex video, darling

ReputationRep:
    You only want it so badly because of being born when and where you were! its only recently that we as a culture have started to make fame the be-all and end-all.
    Would i like to be well known for something i'd worked hard for? hell yes. would i like to be recognised by every person on the street and be unable to go anywhere without a bodyguard or a driver? hell no.

ReputationRep:
    You would really want to be scructinized for the rest of your life,i'd imagine a few famous people would rather they didn't become what they have.

ReputationRep:
    Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought people like Nelson were famous, isn't Lady Gaga a celebrity. Guh, quitting smoking makes me ratty.

ReputationRep:
    Ricky Gervais didn't become famous until he was almost 40, and now he's king of the world. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    You worship Lady Gaga? :eyebrow:
    She's not really a decent role model and people will forget about her anyway.

So let's summarise - you want to be famous but you have no idea what you want to do with your life and you haven't found the one thing you're super passionate about - sorry, but it's not gonna work.

Oh, and one more thing:

(Original post by lunchbox)
    you have not reached the pinnacle of success if you aren't famous
    What a bunch of crap - you're so wrong

ReputationRep:
    I think a combo of a sex tape with an E list Celeb coupled with some gruesome murders or a Fritzl style dungeon will make you famous.

Although then there is the question, does the tape get released before or after you get caught?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't want to be Famous, seriousl

ReputationRep:
    I pity people like this. So set on becomming something surrounded in fakery and scrutiny, there is nothing attractive about that lifestyle, any suggestion to the contrary is just to make you buy into it even more and support that culture.

People following you in the most private moments of your life and taking photos, not being able to trust why people want to get to know you, loads of reasons. I think it's a real shame so many young people think this is the only way to be successful in life.

ReputationRep:
    i get this feeling sometimes.. but it's only because i want to tell Gordon Ramsey and Simon Cowell that they're ***** and not have them tell me that i'm no-one and they're famous, as i imagine they would.

and then i realise that's mean and spiteful and a silly reason to want to be famous..

and then i am content with my life..

if you really want to do it, then go for it, but fame isn't an indicator of success in life - i could name any number of celebrities here.

ReputationRep:
    Succes is self idealised, but even so, this really isn't something you should aspire to, it's rather vain and somewhat pointless, just aspire to happiness, it's better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lunchbox)
    I want to be famous for my own merits! It really sucks that the only ways to become famous on such a large scale is to either be a movie/tv star, or a singer. They don't really contribute much to society (these celebrities) in the way writers and scientists do... but they're the ones that get all the attention.

They do in their own ways, I mean Shakira owns five schools in her homelands, so they do contribute to society. Most of them have their own charities and give a lot of money to society to help it improve.

Most actors start in their teens and early 20s. Most don't reach that success peak until their late 30s

EDIT: I wouldn't want t be famous, besides me not wanting to stand out in a crowd, I'd just feel it'd be quite a lonely place to be.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.