Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Dentist appointment.

ReputationRep:
    Diarrhoea.

Let's see her comeback to that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicz)
    Whats the best reason to not come to lessons?

Sensible reasons please because i hate my biology classes and i think its a total waste of time since i just sit there for 2 hours listening to my teachers annoying voice talking rubbish when i could teach myself all of the biology she teachs us in a term in a week.

Pretty please
    Say it's you time of the month. Especially if you're a boy, it's not like a biology teacher would know anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Alright then listen to me. You really need every lesson as your teacher may mention something you don't know. If you find her really annoying think of it as if it's going to earn you money as it is. Get the revision in 6th form and then revise at home. I suggest you you take a bottle of water with you to keep you cool and focused. Try and focus. It may be the best for you.

Whats the best reason to not come to lessons?

Sensible reasons please because i hate my biology classes and i think its a total waste of time since i just sit there for 2 hours listening to my teachers annoying voice talking rubbish when i could teach myself all of the biology she teachs us in a term in a week.

Pretty please
    Biggest :ditto: ever

I've never had a good biology teacher in my life

Say your penis fell off and so therefore you are depressed :dontknow:?

ReputationRep:
    Stupidity, imo.

ReputationRep:
    Just fall asleep during class.

When you get home, bring out the books and start studying.

ReputationRep:
    Take the book to the lessons sit at the back, fake being attentive and read the book.

ReputationRep:
    Coming up with excuses is not hard, make up an extended family with major predispositions to death or something.

Anyway remember this teachers gonna be giving you your predicted grades for UCAS, so if you do skip, you'll need to show you're working at home in some way if you want to ensure you get predicted good ones...

ReputationRep:
    just go to her lessons but privately study during the class on your own while shes talking??
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Why don't you go, but not pay attention and do your own work?

ReputationRep:
    illness is the way forward. my friend told his tutor he had to go to doctors one day for a migraine. now, everytime he's not in school she marks it down as an authorised absence as she thinks he's suffering/at the doctors lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edmhaslam)
    illness is the way forward. my friend told his tutor he had to go to doctors one day for a migraine. now, everytime he's not in school she marks it down as an authorised absence as she thinks he's suffering/at the doctors lol.
    Unfortunaley and very sadly, we dont have teachers that dumb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Why don't you go, but not pay attention and do your own work?
    Think iam just going to do that, you see my teacher shes got like a REALLY REALLY annoying voice. Its deep and stuff, shes pretty old; and the class can be very noisey too. Any advice? right at the back would be the best but i sit in the middle atm.

ReputationRep:
    Tell the truth.

ReputationRep:
    Say you have therapy schedueled then and you're dealing with 'personal problems'.. works like a charm.

ReputationRep:
    Orthodontist. Everyone goes to the orthodontist.

Those damn orthodontists, always giving you appointments in lesson time.

Those rascals.

ReputationRep:
    She doesnt mind if i dont do homework or classwork.
    In class i jsut sit there and not write. She doesnt mind if i do that, i just got to turn up to lessons. Homework ive never done all year and that doesnt seem to bother her either.

I hate BIOLOGY and its a shame cause i like the subject itself lots but not the teacher or the lessons
    Then teach yourself in her class. Yes, it's bloody rude, but I did that in Chemistry after months of complaining about my teacher and nothing happening (said teacher recently caused an explosion in class by sticking an iron rod into something, forgetting it was the catalyst for the reaction they were doing :rolleyes:).

Some teachers you just can't gel with. Maybe they're a bad teacher, maybe they teach in a way that you can't learn, but it's you who has to make up for it.

ReputationRep:
    I just miss the train

Try my Mondays, I come in at 8:50, finish my 2 morning lessons at 11:25, and my next lesson is at 3:15.

ReputationRep:
    Go to your head of sixth form / deputy head (or whoevers in charge of pastrol care) and act like you're really struggling with the pressure, I dunno.. be inventive, act like you're feeling really stressed and thinking about dropping out blah blah. Chances are they'll ask your teachers to be more flexible and lay off you a bit, might not guarentee you freedom from every biology lesson, but its something :rolleyes:

Well, thats what a friend of mine did. Although, she wasn't pretending. She got all her deadlines extended and was excused from certain lessons / homeworks.
    If you hate the lessons that much, I guess its worth a shot

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.