The Student Room Group

Whats the best excuse for not going to a lesson at sixth form?

Scroll to see replies

I always go for the old elusive "appointment" if I want to skip something :yep:
InsaneFandom
Go to your head of sixth form / deputy head (or whoevers in charge of pastrol care) and act like you're really struggling with the pressure, I dunno.. be inventive, act like you're feeling really stressed and thinking about dropping out blah blah. Chances are they'll ask your teachers to be more flexible and lay off you a bit, might not guarentee you freedom from every biology lesson, but its something :rolleyes:

Well, thats what a friend of mine did. Although, she wasn't pretending. She got all her deadlines extended and was excused from certain lessons / homeworks.
If you hate the lessons that much, I guess its worth a shot

Whilst it could work, it could back fire. When I was having a REALLY rough time in October, yes I got deadlines extended (and still do for some subjects), but I was asked more than once if I wanted to take a year out. Also, it does take away time from those who are really suffering as they tend to keep a very close eye on you (or at least, my school does).
Reply 62
just sleep through the lessons
Reply 63
my excuse normally is.. "im ill... *loud cough* :biggrin:

but that doesnt always work

hmmm... or u could say family emergency, whenever thats said at our 6th form they jus think wooahh, okay no more questions haha
My excuses:
- Ill
- Dentist check up
- Doctor's appointment
- operation at the dentists (this could give you a full week if you play it safe :awesome:)
- Morning/evening lessons: have to take/pick up younger siblings from school because parents are ill/working
- driving tests
- exams
- uni open days
- uni interviews
- Going to France
steffi.alexa
Whilst it could work, it could back fire. When I was having a REALLY rough time in October, yes I got deadlines extended (and still do for some subjects), but I was asked more than once if I wanted to take a year out. Also, it does take away time from those who are really suffering as they tend to keep a very close eye on you (or at least, my school does).

Yup, there's a rather large risk of backfire lol
My school does too, I think you get regular meetings with them and badgered by teachers asking if you're okay rather a lot
Twas just an idea - I'd never do it personally :cool:
I really don't see the point. Just get over it and go to the lesson.
Reply 67
I dont know if this has been said allready cos i couldnt be arsed to check, but cant you just ask to move groups to a different biology teacher, if there are any more?
the best one i heard was a guy whose parents were farmers and hed just walk in whenever and be like- sorry was moving sheep- it worked for him- might not work for most people though...

and if the class is distracting just put your ipod in (and if the teacher wont let you be inventive as to how you hide it!)
Reply 69
Medicz
Whats the best reason to not come to lessons?

Sensible reasons please because i hate my biology classes and i think its a total waste of time since i just sit there for 2 hours listening to my teachers annoying voice talking rubbish when i could teach myself all of the biology she teachs us in a term in a week.

Pretty please :biggrin:

I have the same problem. Bloody waste of time, in the 5 hours I spend in those classes I could do so much work myself.

but you just have to suck it up and go. Keep your attendance above 90% and they'll leave you alone. Yeah its not ideal but neither is life... just take your textbook and sit at the back and make your own notes during the lesson.
Reply 70
Oh and if all else fails - cry. Being able to do this on demand is a valuble life skill.
Reply 71
pope
Reply 72
if you miss your lesson i advise you find the nearest grave and dig it drop yourself inside cover yourself with soil tell your friend to place a flower and RIP mate.

Original post by 200428
if you're clever enough to teach yourself (or is that just empty arrogance coming through?), you're clever enough to come up with your own excuse.
But did they let u

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending