Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please join the following facebook group:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=281046424693

to raise awareness for the pope's £20million trip to the UK, coming out of taxpayers' money, which would be better spent on hard-pressed schools, hospitals and social services which are facing cuts.

ReputationRep:
    The legislation introduced by the government contravenes our religious doctrines; you are in no place to make assumptions and condemn us to having to introduce unnecessary and unwanted provisions in our Church. It's a disgrace that the atheists are so scant in their regard for those who may have religious beliefs. You promote freedom of expression yet limit those who wish to practice their respective faith in the privacy of their own homes only. It's a terrible and avoidable state of affairs.

ReputationRep:
    Inviting foreign dignitaries to the country to show good will and foreign relations to the world? Goshh, shocking!

Hmm, actually..

ReputationRep:
    Frankly, I couldn't care less what the pope does unless he starts doing coco pops commercials, then I'll be mad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insperatum)
    Please join the following facebook group:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=281046424693

to raise awareness for the pope's £20million trip to the UK, coming out of taxpayers' money, which would be better spent on hard-pressed schools, hospitals and social services which are facing cuts.
    Yeeeaahhh because if the pope did not come, that money would reealllyy be spent on your schools and social services :yep:

(Original post by TheMeister)
    The legislation introduced by the government contravenes our religious doctrines; you are in no place to make assumptions and condemn us to having to introduce unnecessary and unwanted provisions in our Church. It's a disgrace that the atheists are so scant in their regard for those who may have religious beliefs. You promote freedom of expression yet limit those who wish to practice their respective faith in the privacy of their own homes only. It's a terrible and avoidable state of affairs.

£20m is peanuts to the government anyway.
    Hi. I'm an atheist. I don't support this because I believe in freedom of conscience regardless of my personal views. Thanks for making a massive assumption about my politics simply because I haven't seen enough evidence of gods, though. Are "the Catholics" paedophiles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by numb3rb0y)
    Are "the Catholics" paedophiles?
    No.

Just like all Atheists aren't militant.

No.

Just like all Atheists aren't militant.
    Then perhaps you shouldn't make posts generalising them as being so.

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for this, I don't believe that religion should be something that effects the state or the law. It's all very well saying that it's cutting down on the religion to freedom of religion, but the freedom you talk of is an attempt to infringe on other peoples freedom.

ReputationRep:
    So many ways in which this money could be better spent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    I'm all for this, I don't believe that religion should be something that effects the state or the law. It's all very well saying that it's cutting down on the religion to freedom of religion, but the freedom you talk of is an attempt to infringe on other peoples freedom.
    Not really, if you dont want to listen to him..then you dont have to.

ReputationRep:

£20m is peanuts to the government anyway.
    So you think that because you believe in an uberfairy, your community has a right to £20 million of taxpayer money, to be used to import discrimination and ignorance? I struggle to sympathise with your argument.

(Original post by Bobifier)
    So you think that because you believe in an uberfairy, your community has a right to £20 million of taxpayer money, to be used to import discrimination and ignorance? I struggle to sympathise with your argument.
    In fairness, it's not as if Catholics went to the Treasury and demanded the money. Those are pretty much standard costs whenever a foreign dignitary of prominence visits.

ReputationRep:
    Estimated £20 million?

If someone posts a link where the figure isn't estimated by a f***ing facebook group I'll take it seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm_wfc)
    Estimated £20 million?

If someone posts a link where the figure isn't estimated by a f***ing facebook group I'll take it seriously.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8492597.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeremy_Whiskers)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8492597.stm
    Oh thanks, It's now a figure estimated by the militant atheist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Not really, if you dont want to listen to him..then you dont have to.
    What?

ReputationRep:
    I love the Pope, the Pope smokes dope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    What?

"but the freedom you talk of is an attempt to infringe on other peoples freedom."

You don't have to listen to him infringe on your freedom, thats a nice freedom you have there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Inviting foreign dignitaries to the country to show good will and foreign relations to the world? Goshh, shocking!

Hmm, actually..
    Are you serious, the only thing that spouts from his mouth, is hate, intolerance and religious doctrine. :cool:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.