Turn on thread page Beta

Fed up with phone calls (As much as 20-30 a day) from people asking me about sauna watch

ReputationRep:
    Serious thread, thing is annoying me.

Had this phone number since about the start of December, the first 2-3 weeks got constant phone calls about "the club" or from companies asking for the business holder or such till I got a letter from TPS(telephone preferencial system) saying I am now on the list of numbers of people who dont accept cold callers.

The amount of calls died down but still had a few phone calls a week from people asking about "the club"

I had my suspicions but as it wasnt all the time(Though was quite often) left it. However in the last 3 weeks have been swamped with phone calls most days as much as 20-30 times from the same number asking about wanting him and his wife to join our swingers club! I am fed up with being woken up about 9am each day by this person and them ringing back about 5 times in a row, then giving up for about an hour or two then ringing again and so have to leave my phone off till I need to use it.

I think I will have to contact BT and change my number but dont see why I should do this and worried as BT use foreign call centres explaining it to them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MittenKrust)
    Serious thread, thing is annoying me.

Had this phone number since about the start of December, the first 2-3 weeks got constant phone calls about "the club" or from companies asking for the business holder or such till I got a letter from TPS(telephone preferencial system) saying I am now on the list of numbers of people who dont accept cold callers.

The amount of calls died down but still had a few phone calls a week from people asking about "the club"

I had my suspicions but as it wasnt all the time(Though was quite often) left it. However in the last 3 weeks have been swamped with phone calls most days as much as 20-30 times from the same number asking about wanting him and his wife to join our swingers club! I am fed up with being woken up about 9am each day by this person and them ringing back about 5 times in a row, then giving up for about an hour or two then ringing again and so have to leave my phone off till I need to use it.

I think I will have to contact BT and change my number but dont see why I should do this and worried as BT use foreign call centres explaining it to them!
    What's the number? How old is the wife? boomting?

ReputationRep:
    Despite the facepalm that is a phone company that has the word British in it using Indian call centres, my experience with them is fine. If you're somewhere loud you have no chance of understanding what they're saying.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.