Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thread has been answered & thanks for your help.

Forum staff ---> Could you please close & delete this thread as I feel it doesn't help me nor anyone else using the search box.

ReputationRep:
    The life you lead is down to you.

Save up some money and achieve all the things you want to do, I don't really see anything stopping you.

ReputationRep:
    I know lots of people that do what you do.

but I don't see why dont want a long-term relationship, they're much better than short term things.

Take a course at uni that allows you to work in many places in the world, like engineering or chemsitry or medicine and you can have a job and live comfortably pretty much anywhere

(Original post by SouthernFreerider)
    but I don't see why dont want a long-term relationship, they're much better than short term things.
    :ditto:

I only want a long term 1 tbh

ReputationRep:
    "Normal" actually sounds awesome to me. But do whatever you want, as long as you don't hurt anybody :dontknow: (everybody will hurt SOMEONE in their life but yeah, don't break the law son).

ReputationRep:
    No one's stopping you. Go for it. I plan do do something similar. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SouthernFreerider)
    I know lots of people that do what you do.

Shouldn't you be in lectures?

And, OP, sounds fun, but don't most of what you've said you want to do require money? Which you'd need to get somehow...
    (Obviously you could go the route that doesn't, but it didn't sound like the way you fancied).

i think a 'normal' life would be an achievement. it doesn't have to be about stagnating.

you sound like you have ants in your pants. how are you going to get a degree iif you have to stay in the same place for three years?

nothing wrong with what you want to do if you can keep it up though.

ReputationRep:
    It is your life. Just be freeeeeeeeeeeee :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Bear in mind that going to uni in America is WAYYYY more expensive than here.... thing 30 grand vs 3!!

ReputationRep:
    What's normal now, anyhow?

ReputationRep:
    Um.........................yes. Yes you should :erm:

ReputationRep:
    What's boring is different for different people. I enjoy my life but don't usually go places.

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling, I would like to travel and not settle down until I am in my mid 20's, perhaps later.

I would love to travel to Great Britain and around Europe. There is much I would like to see.

ReputationRep:
    OH WHAT AN ORIGINAL IDEA:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    Shouldn't you be in lectures?

And, OP, sounds fun, but don't most of what you've said you want to do require money? Which you'd need to get somehow...
    (Obviously you could go the route that doesn't, but it didn't sound like the way you fancied).
    techincally yes, but vector calc isn't fun.

ReputationRep:
    Save some cash, travel to the first place for say 6 months and get a job. Save then move on again. Sorted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    I was wondering if I should move to America next year (North Carolina - my dad lives there) go to university there and then start my travelling. What should I do? Or do I have to lead the same tiresome lifestyle so many people live?
    LOL I wouldn't move there. It is possibly the most regressive place I have ever been to. Full of racist hillbillies. Go to South Carolina, it is way better x

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to go to Japan.

But, like most people, I don't have the available finances for such a move.

ReputationRep:
    If you're finding life boring then do something to change it... after all you are the only one who can, it's all up to you my friend.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.