Turn on thread page Beta

Teenager tries to sell her virginity to fund education watch

ReputationRep:
    A teenager tried to sell her virginity on a classified's website to fund her education, it has emerged.
    The 16-year-old, from Newry, Northern Ireland, posted an advert on Gumtree, alongside details about flat shares and second-hand furniture.
    Under the heading “virginity for sale,” the girl, who has not been named, said her body was “available to the highest bidder”.
    She is one of a growing number of women who have voluntarily put their virginity for sale to pay for their education, although it is believed she is the youngest so far.
    Continuation
    At 16!!
    Any thoughts??

P.S. If it's in the wrong subforum, please do move it (mods).

:eek3:

I believe it's quite wrong tbh

ReputationRep:
    How much did she go for? I've still got a fiver in my pocket - more than enough for a decent set of HB pencils.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Can males do that? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    :eek3:

I believe it's quite wrong tbh
    Better than a one night stand surely?

ReputationRep:
    feel for her, she must really want to learn, but there are other ways of making money...

ReputationRep:
    Disgrace.

Sell your integrity for £6,000? Surely it's better to work part-time for a year?

ReputationRep:
    Is that even legal in the United Kingdom?

(Original post by jonjon123)
    Better than a one night stand surely?
    But isn't it prostitution really :holmes:

(Original post by x_LiNk_x)
    Disgrace.

Sell your integrity for £6,000? Surely it's better to work part-time for a year?
    Would you say that it would be prostitution tbf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmae)
    Can males do that? :sexface:
    Tried, can't bloody give it away.

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

(Original post by chica_chica)
    Is that even legal in the United Kingdom?
    Not for the person paying her. They would have been comitting a crime under the sexual offences act (paying for sexual services of a child) because she was under 18 (on summary conviction up to 6 months in prison or a fine, on indictment up to 7 years). She might have wanted to have looked that up before trying to sell her virginity on the internet...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantBrain)
    feel for her, she must really want to learn, but there are other ways of making money...

I wouldn't take the 'education' reason at face value.

ReputationRep:
    Why would anyone pay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Would you say that it would be prostitution tbf?
    Yeah it would be classed as that. There are other more legitimate ways of raising money, the former is definitely the least viable.

Thanks for the rep by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian_j)
    Tried, can't bloody give it away.
    Well if you find someone, we could make buy 1 get 1 free offer and I would join :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    She's selling her body for money, she's a whore.

ReputationRep:
    Although I certainly have plenty of reservations about the idea... one day's work for several thousand pounds is pretty good. If she's that dedicated to her education, then working weekends or evenings around her classes is probably going to affect the amount of time she can dedicate to her studies. So it sort of makes sense to find a way of making a lot of money in a short time. I do think it's a pretty drastic thing to do though, and I hope it's not something I'd want to resort to.

It's quite worrying that she said she'd 'drink a lot before' to stop herself from being shy... it doesn't seem very safety-aware.

Personally, if I placed that ad, I'd want to make it perfectly clear what kind of virginity I'm talking about. Nothing worse than getting paid then realising they want to put things up your bum instead :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'd do it...if I could.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.