Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Teenager tries to sell her virginity to fund education Watch

ReputationRep:
    At £6,000, that was a bargain. She should have cranked the price up.

ReputationRep:
    It's sad that we're in a position where girls now feel they need to sell their body to get a degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Freddy*)
    Er.. What?? She's making an effort by selling herself to pervs...for money?? I know someone who held down three jobs (proper jobs as a waitress etc.) while doing a medicine degree. She had NO support from her family because they had fallen out big time, and she carried on like that for years until she graduated and now makes good money. THAT's something to be admired, THAT's an effort, not advertising yourself to creeps on the internet to **** you and then get handed a wad of money.

And she's 16 how do you even know she wants it for education - state schools are free for one, and there is government help she could get. She probably just sees it as a quick way of making money, and has no morals to stop her. Sorry I do NOT feel for her.
    Hi,

Someone else has already picked up on that line, but I'm afraid that you have misunderstood me. I'm simply saying that it's nice to see that she is determined to achieve, however I agree with you, she should get a job.

Take care

ReputationRep:
    There was a college student featured on The Tyra Show for the same purpose.

ReputationRep:
    I think I should do it too...
    Uni's really expensive!

ReputationRep:
    This is mad old, The Young Turks covered the story a while ago and she wasn't selling it to go to university.

1) £6000 is nothing when you take into account tuition fees, accomodation etc
    2) She then went onto say that she was going to spend it on other things: coat, bag, etc.

And what's even more frightening is that she lead the reporter right to her house, now, that's just stupid, what if he had been some sort of criminal?

ReputationRep:
    I might get in on this business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    I'll give you a mars bar. Deal?
    Sex and sweets?

Where's the catch? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmae)
    Sex and sweets?

Where's the catch? :holmes:
    You give me some sweets in return :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    You give me some sweets in return :hubba:
    I'm scared to ask what kind of sweets :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thatguy1988)
    I dont think you quiet understand the way this works.
    Yes I do. She did it on gumtree, she gets to choose the guy. If she'd done it on Ebay it may have been another matter but even then, the American girl who used Ebay still ended up turning down the highest bidder for a lower bidder she prefered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    Pues, estás autorizado tener relaciones sexuales cuando tienes dieciséis años, pero, aunque es permitido, la práctica no es consideraba aceptable en la sociedad.
    La práctica de la prostitución no es aceptado en la sociedad?
    Gracias por contestar en español!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Asha5692)
    I think I should do it too...
    Uni's really expensive!
    It's hardly expensive at all, especially compared to the benefits it gives. It would be even cheaper still if we didn't have to pay for Jonny Everyteen's BA in surf studies, which is mainly an excuse for him to party 4 times a week and defer getting a job for 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chica_chica)
    La práctica de la prostitución no es aceptado en la sociedad?
    Gracias por contestar en español!
    Por supuesto!

... pues, fui referir a la práctica de tener relaciones sexuales a una edad temprana.

ReputationRep:
    More girls should do this so the price goes down. Too much demand, not enough supply. :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    :nopity:
    :heart:

ReputationRep:
    :heart:
    :coma:

I got excited when I saw in my quotes thingy that you had quoted me in a thread called "teenager tries to sell her virginity to fund education"

I thought you had started an identical thread and had quoted me as one of the many males in order to start some kind of bidding war, but then I thought "nah, she wouldn't make me pay." :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    Theres a recession on, someone should tell her. Ill give her some bus fare and a Heat magazine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    :coma:

I got excited when I saw in my quotes thingy that you had quoted me in a thread called "teenager tries to sell her virginity to fund education"

I thought you had started an identical thread and had quoted me as one of the many males in order to start some kind of bidding war, but then I thought "nah, she wouldn't make me pay." :flutter:
    Never :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    Never :flutter:
    The best things in life sure do *** for free. :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.