Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have done C3 this January and felt could have done better... I think I can get about 95 (sounds strange to resite:confused: ).
    but i have an A* offer in math, and i heard C4 can be 'REALY HARD!!!:eek: ' so don't really know if i should resite C3 to make it 100..???(so C4 can have 'more space' if u know wat i mean)...?

SO... HOW Hard is C4???? Shell i resite C3??? it is risky not to???

People who have done C4 please give me some ideas...

Thank You!!!

ReputationRep:
    Wait for your results.

ReputationRep:
    So what did you think you got this time? if you think you got 95% then i wouldnt really bother. i would just focus on C4. i retook C3 as i got 87% in it first time, but only cos i NEEDED to to get an A*.

As for C4, it depends on how 'mathsy' you are. for instance i found it relatively easy and managed to get over 90% in it first time but others absolutly hated it. If you can do well in C3 then with some hard work C4 will be no problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LetoKynes)
    Wait for your results.
    True...

ReputationRep:
    What exam board?
    Wait for your results and then ask on here again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _orpy_)
    So what did you think you got this time? if you think you got 95% then i wouldnt really bother. i would just focus on C4. i retook C3 as i got 87% in it first time, but only cos i NEEDED to to get an A*.

As for C4, it depends on how 'mathsy' you are. for instance i found it relatively easy and managed to get over 90% in it first time but others absolutly hated it. If you can do well in C3 then with some hard work C4 will be no problem.
    Thanks...

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel: C3 isn't that hard, and you should be able to get 100 if you put the work in. C4 isn't that hard either, but sometimes they'll throw in questions that will confuse you, unless you keep your cool.

Retake C3 when you get your results.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I bet this was MEI C3. So many complained about that.

Don't resit it. I can't beleive you're even thinking of resitting when you don't even have your results yet. With work 90+ in C4 shouldn't be impossible anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjyboys)
    I have done C3 this January and felt could have done better... I think I can get about 95 (sounds strange to resite:confused: ).
    but i have an A* offer in math, and i heard C4 can be 'REALY HARD!!!:eek: ' so don't really know if i should resite C3 to make it 100..???(so C4 can have 'more space' if u know wat i mean)...?

SO... HOW Hard is C4???? Shell i resite C3??? it is risky not to???

People who have done C4 please give me some ideas...

Thank You!!!
    I just did C3 and C4 this jan. i think i didnt do my best in c3 but i think i got plus 90% so i wont be retaking c3 or c4.

I found c4 easier than c3 (given i did more work for c4, because its so hard). Fore c4 the boundaries are consistently lower, 100 ums is usually 71 marks. I think c4 requires more work but is easier to get a higher mark in, but i havnt got my results remember.

I would say you should wait for your results, tbh you cant predict the difficulty of a paper, so mabey it would be smart to reatke c3, incase the june 2010 c4 paper is bad, especially is you feel you could get 95% plus

ReputationRep:
    TBH if you feel you more were capable on the day and that it didn't quite work out, but still got >90%, then I wouldn't bother. Like others have said as well, just wait until you get your results first and then make a decision (talking to your teacher is probably better than TSR.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rough Inclined Plane)
    I just did C3 and C4 this jan. i think i didnt do my best in c3 but i think i got plus 90% so i wont be retaking c3 or c4.

I found c4 easier than c4 (given i did more work for c4, because its so hard). Fore c4 the boundaries are consistently lower, 100 ums is usually 71 marks. I think c4 requires more work but is easier to get a higher mark in, but i havnt got my results remember.

I would say you should wait for your results, tbh you cant predict the difficulty of a paper, so mabey it would be smart to reatke c3, incase the june 2010 c4 paper is bad, especially is you feel you could get 95% plus
    Eh? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I thought the january C3 paper was actually quite hard in comparison to the past papers and I had done all of them. If this was the case for a lot of people then the grade boundaries should be lower. I need an A to get onto any of the maths degrees I want to do so I would wait until the results come through. Either way there's no harm in resitting, only additional work.
    Good luck though

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about resits until after you get your results back.

ReputationRep:
    Depends which exam board, if you do get 95% in Core 3. You only have to get 85% in Core 4. I'm not sure if its the same for other exam boards, but with AQA you get an A* with 80% overall [480/600], and 90% aggregate from Core 3 and Core 4.

ReputationRep:
    With Edexcel, you do a lot of the stuff you learned in C3 again in C4 when it comes to Integration, Partial fractions, etc. So you're unlikely to forget any of it, which means, as long as you aren't distracting yourself from doing well in C4, you may as well.

Dunno how the other exam boards work.

ReputationRep:
    i think you should resit c3 because when you take it again in the summer, you will understand it alot more, and it actually helps you quite alot with c4, if you have a good understanding of c3.
    and yes, c4 is horrible. its one of those ones which you are gonna wish you could retake , but you cant because you will have left by then...
    c3 does get alot easier when you can relate it to c4, so yesyesyes retake!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.