Turn on thread page Beta

Do any of you leave your Sat Nav in the car? watch

ReputationRep:
    I leave it mounted all the time, even when I park. I only put it in the glove box when I'm in places outside the city..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Also interestingly regarding satnavs, I've got a friend who's a lawyer and he says criminals will sometimes break into your car, nick your satnav, then go to your preset "home" destination, on the basis that you're not in, and burgle you. Sounds odd, but true apparently.

ReputationRep:
    No... never. If someone stole my satnav they might find out my address or some of my friends and head there? Anyway it's not that hard to take it out of the car.

ReputationRep:
    I never leave my satnav in the car. i do however leave the bit that connects it to the windscreen in my glove box. Although at this current moment i have no car as he died last week x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michael321)
    Also interestingly regarding satnavs, I've got a friend who's a lawyer and he says criminals will sometimes break into your car, nick your satnav, then go to your preset "home" destination, on the basis that you're not in, and burgle you. Sounds odd, but true apparently.
    This happened to a family who were at Alton Towers, the person stole sat nav and obviously, it was very likely that the whole family were out so they broke into their house and burgled it.

After hearing that I set my 'home' on my sat nav to 10 downing street.

ReputationRep:
    people are morons to leave valuables of any kind on show or obvious places in a car.

most thiefs are opportunists. they dont care if they only get a tenner for it cos its old. its a tenner for 20 seconds work at most!!!

I leave glovebox open and have a "Dont bother, no valuables here" sign. And obviously i dont keep any valuables in car LOL.

ReputationRep:
    I'm tempted to make up a safe-box and bolt it to the floor to keep valubles in when I leave the car but don't want to take them with me. A similar idea was taken up at popular surf beaches/surf festivals because surfers just tended to leave their keys up on a crossmember under the car or something because surfers trust surfers, but soon pikey types heard of this and promptly everyones cars started going missing/getting stuff nicked out them. As a surfer you don't really want to have to look after a bunch of keys/electronic blippper at the beach so some clever sod invented a lockable box to stick under your car to keep your keys in and just take a small, easy to look after key with you.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.