Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Interviews on the same day watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have been given an interview at Aberdeen on the 16th of February. I might be given an interview on the 16th or 17th from KCL for the EMDP.

Both say the dates cannot be changed. Any help would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know that because you have rung them and explained the situation?
    If that is the case then you would just have to pick your fave and go with that.
    If not then ring and explain and you might find they would be able to accomodate you.

ReputationRep:
    Try ringing to explain, hopefully youll get an interview on the 17th so you can do both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini-jay)
    I have been given an interview at Aberdeen on the 16th of February. I might be given an interview on the 16th or 17th from KCL for the EMDP.

Both say the dates cannot be changed. Any help would be much appreciated.
    what is EMDP?

ReputationRep:
    Extended medical Degree programme.

I haven't rung them but they both say it on the email each sent. I might not have an interview and KCL yet anyway, but they're sending them out in the next few days.

Maybe all this worry will be over nothing lol.

ReputationRep:
    Extended medical Degree programme.

I haven't rung them but they both say it on the email each sent. I might not have an interview and KCL yet anyway, but they're sending them out in the next few days.

Maybe all this worry will be over nothing lol.
    Like I said then, if you do get an interview from Kings then ring them straight away and explain. I think they only put that on the e-mails to stop people asking for different dates just because it might suit them better, and that would obviously be difficult for them to organise. Since you have a genuine reason if the dates do clash I am sure they would actually accommodate you.

maybe all this worry will be for nothing
    exaclty. So just wait.

ReputationRep:
    What would you say if you called them though? I have a feeling saying 'Hi, I need to change my interview date because I ahve another merdical school interview at that time' might decrease my chances.

I know I'm jumping the gun but wanna get this early.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I have an interview. It's on the same day.

Problem real now. Any help would be very much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I have an interview. It's on the same day.

Problem real now. Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Just ring them both up and say you have another interview on the same day and see if one of them will change it. It's not going to be the first time this will have happened for them. If they can't help, then you'll just have to decide which you'd rather go to but you should at least try.

ReputationRep:
    Ring one of them the day before, and say you've come down with a horrendous virus, and that your consequently bed-ridden, and if there would be any possibility if they could re-arrange?

ReputationRep:
    I wish that would work _Andrew_, I really do.

I'l call them tommorow and put the result up on here. THanks a lot guys.

ReputationRep:
    They have offered to interview me at a later date. Good news!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.