Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend treats me amazingly, is totally committed, wants to spend all his time with me, get married one day etc. We've been together for over a year now and I'm his first proper relationship.

Before we got together, he was the kind of guy who would sleep with random girls he met in clubs, and have casual sex without any intention of it leading to a relationship. I find it strange how he could have changed so much since he met me - he insists he just never felt strongly about anyone before me and isn't religious so didn't see any harm in sleeping around.

Is it surprising that people with that mindset when single can change and become amazingly committed?

ReputationRep:
    In short: he just wants to get more out of you (or put more into you, technically).

ReputationRep:
    You just have to be the right girl for him. You obviously are.

Don't let him get bored. I'd advise reading 'The Rules'.

ReputationRep:
    If it's the right girl then yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchkin88)
    My boyfriend treats me amazingly, is totally committed, wants to spend all his time with me, get married one day etc. We've been together for over a year now and I'm his first proper relationship.

Before we got together, he was the kind of guy who would sleep with random girls he met in clubs, and have casual sex without any intention of it leading to a relationship. I find it strange how he could have changed so much since he met me - he insists he just never felt strongly about anyone before me and isn't religious so didn't see any harm in sleeping around.

Is it surprising that people with that mindset when single can change and become amazingly committed?

Same as mine, even tho im not his first gf, but only his second and it was ages in betweeeen.
    It's weird thinking he was ever like that because I'm so not like that at all, and now hes totally different, devoted and like you say yours is.. but I guess he just didnt have a plan or something. I'm not complaining because he's pretty much perfect and that was all before me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchkin88)

He's just a typical guy. I love my girlfriend very much, and wouldn't ever cheat on her. But should we ever break up, she and I know that I would tkae advantage of my youth and singledom and sleep around :P

ReputationRep:
    yes he can change
    and be glad he got it out of his system

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.