Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied for university two years ago, I failed my A levels and didn't go but I have applied to student finance.

I am reapplying this year and when I tried to sign up with them (via the website) it said they already had my details.... my guess is this because I applied previously...

If I ring them up will I need information or anything to give them?

ReputationRep:
    I think you should ring your local council and check they have cancelled your old application off the system first.

Contact details here:

http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov..._schema=PORTAL

If it still 'live' on the system and you try to apply to SFE for a new course the system make think you are a continuing student and that can cause problems.

ReputationRep:
    If you can find your old customer reference number, password and secret answer you can just use them to log in and apply. If you've had the same email address for a couple of years you might have these lying around from when you last applied.

ReputationRep:
    PS or if you didn't get an email, call student finance england and they might be able to give you a new password and secret answer

ReputationRep:
    Not this :no::
    (Original post by ASCIIcipher)
    I think you should ring your local council and check they have cancelled your old application off the system first.

Contact details here:

http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov..._schema=PORTAL

If it still 'live' on the system and you try to apply to SFE for a new course the system make think you are a continuing student and that can cause problems.
    This :yep::
    (Original post by youngjo)
    If you can find your old customer reference number, password and secret answer you can just use them to log in and apply. If you've had the same email address for a couple of years you might have these lying around from when you last applied.

If you've forgotten your old login details, ring them up or do the 'Recover Details' option on the login page. To reapply, you must send Student Finance a 'Change of Circumstances' form (CO1), and tell them you never started your course. That way, they will cancel your old application from your account and you can apply (with your old login details) as a new full time student. If you don't cancel your old application, the system will assume and only let you apply for second year funding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    Not this :no::

This :yep::

If you've forgotten your old login details, ring them up or do the 'Recover Details' option on the login page. To reapply, you must send Student Finance a 'Change of Circumstances' form (CO1), and tell them you never started your course. That way, they will cancel your old application from your account and you can apply (with your old login details) as a new full time student. If you don't cancel your old application, the system will assume and only let you apply for second year funding.
    Although your advice is 100% correct, I still think my advice is cheaper ( as calling a local council is usually cheaper than calling SFE) and would save time (i.e. by removing the need for sending a CO1 form to SFE).

But whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alot guys, in going to sort this this week I hope!

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.