Turn on thread page Beta

Idiot kids who over-idolize their girlfriends / boyfriends... watch

ReputationRep:
    You'll often hear them saying some mindblowing idiot **** like "MY BOYFRIEND IS LIKE A PART OF MY SOUL!!! I'D DIE WITHOUT HIM!!!" and then even stuff along the lines of "MY PARENTS KNOW NOT TO MAKE ME CHOOSE BETWEEN THEM AND MY LOVE, BECAUSE THEY'D LOSE!!"

Hey, retards. Here's the scoop: Your boyfriend / girlfriend probably doesn't give half as much of a **** about you as you claim to about them. You've watched too many sickly-sweet little High School rom coms in your time, and you now believe that you're part of something deep and moving at the ripe old age of 18. Realistically you'll probably be broken up within the year and your precious "soul's desire" will be plowing or getting plowed by someone else.

No one wants to hear how "wildly in love" you think you are. So blow it out your ass.

ReputationRep:
    Its all part of growing up isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Jealous? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Although I agree with you in theory, I would have probably phrased it a bit lighter...

Also, someone seems to be bitter? Or jealous? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Areyoukidding?)
    You'll often hear them saying some mindblowing idiot **** like "MY BOYFRIEND IS LIKE A PART OF MY SOUL!!! I'D DIE WITHOUT HIM!!!" and then even stuff along the lines of "MY PARENTS KNOW NOT TO MAKE ME CHOOSE BETWEEN THEM AND MY LOVE, BECAUSE THEY'D LOSE!!"

Hey, retards. Here's the scoop: Your boyfriend / girlfriend probably doesn't give half as much of a **** about you as you claim to about them. You've watched too many sickly-sweet little High School rom coms in your time, and you now believe that you're part of something deep and moving at the ripe old age of 18. Realistically you'll probably be broken up within the year and your precious "soul's desire" will be plowing or getting plowed by someone else.

No one wants to hear how "wildly in love" you think you are. So blow it out your ass.
    I agree with you but, I don't think what you say will change their minds. Only after they've been through this phase and lost their 'life long love' will they mature and see that love isn't like the movies. As what someone else said, it's all a part of growing up. Deal with it.

I don't see why you're so bothered about it in the first place. You never know, some of these people may stay with each other for the rest of their lives. My parents did.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Darigan. I mean, everyone has that first "swept off their feet" love. Even if it doesnt work out, its just part of growing up. First relationship, first love, first heart break, and then they get more realistic. Even though this is my third long term relationship (I'm 20), I still believe in the ideal though. My boyfriend is the perfect boyfriend at the moment. I'm sure there'll be a time when he is less than perfect like the rest, but why burst my own bubble?

The worst thing I find though, is talking to these 18 year olds, and them trying to tell you how to have a relationship. This one girl was like "aww, but you've only been going out 2 months, the honeymoon period will end soon", "I know", "yeah me and james have been together 7 months... blah blah blah". I've never had a relationship shorter than a year... I KNOW MORE THAN YOU!!!

ReputationRep:

Have you just been dumped? LOL this post screams resentment and a burning pain in your broken heart. Maybe if you spent less time writing damning posts about relationships and hating everyone and more time persuing girls or attempting to be happy in your life you wouldn't be such a mental case. Trust me, you aren't going to fix your anger by shouting at a forum. xxxx

ReputationRep:
    They clog up my facebook with emo hearts and cliches (Other couples writing to each other I mean)

As has been said; true but harsh.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to grow up if **** like this bothers you. If people feel like that who are you to tell them no.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, bitter much?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1170902

lol.

ReputationRep:
    My 14 year old cousin and his girlfriend are completely insane about each other but the worst part is that they advertise everything on facebook. Strings of hearts, 'I love yous' and statuses directed at each other... not to mention when they get in arguments, they update their status describing how sad and depressed they are and all their little 14 year olds are like 'OMGZ! so sorry :L :x xD!!! u guys are perfect tho!" and it makes me want to COMMIT SUICIDE

tldr: I agree with you OP, but I think a lot of people seem to go through that phase anyway

ReputationRep:
    teenage relationships = EUGH

ReputationRep:
    So blow it out your ass.
    LOOOL!!! I agree though! I have never felt like that about anyone and never will so I also think it's a load of ****!

ReputationRep:
    Hail to the king, baby
    Indeed.

anyway, I agree with everyone else. I was in a 3 year relationship with a girl from age 15 to 18 up until a few months ago when we split for different unis. There was a bit of that "young love" rubbish at first, but I can definitely say that we've matured because of it. We both done stupid stuff but it was also a great experience.

Truth is, you just won't know until it happens to you. I still care greatly about her and still feel some of that intimate stuff - it's not always cliche crap without meaning. I know what you mean though, you just gotta realize that you have to go through some of that stuff to come out of the other end to understand how it all works.

ReputationRep:
    it's forgivable until the age of 18. If anyone says anything about their relationship being wonderful, unbreakable, the most important thing to them or mentions anything about soul mates or not being able to think about being with anyone else and they're over 18 I find myself really hoping their partner will cheat on them just so they'll stfu.

and i'm not jealous, or bitter - I'm very happy in my relationship and live with my partner I'm just under no illusions that it's an indestructible bond or that he's the only man that could ever make me happy.

ReputationRep:

Make a Facebook group about it :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennyboi)
    Hi my name's Charlie and I have a gf called katie.. She's 32 and I'm 15. One day we were "having fun" in one of my primary school classrooms and a little "juice" got sprayed in her eye. She's now permamently blind and in a wheelchair as I violently attacked her when she called me a **** for it. What do I do?! X
    Stay with her until she forgives you.

ReputationRep:
    My mum met my dad when she was 14, married at 17 and are still together at 36, so I think you're being a bit melodramatic.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.